Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Well Mr Smartypants I said "not too bad" which isn't the same as good. When you had the flu you could sum it up with "well that turned out to be not too bad" but you probably would never say "well that was good". The devil is in the details, Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I'm six episodes into Doom Patrol. Honestly, I find it's getting tedious and boring. I take it it's not worth finishing up?
    I gave up after six episodes even though the premise and some of the characters were still appealing so I wouldn't know.
    Chernobyl is meh. I still need to watch the last episode but it’s been all drama and no educational info or explanations. I wish they’d have gone into more detail about how radiation does it’s damage. The explanations they offered were pretty weak. Why did physical contact with the firefighters cause them to get so much worse? Why are they having to shoot dogs? I understand they are carrying radiation but they need to qualify that. The show has honestly caused me for more questions than I ever knew I would have about Chernobyl than it has answered.

Anyone watched The Leftovers? Watch s01e02 the other night and it was also meh. Show is highly rated online tho.
    Last edited by Skiz; 06-04-2019 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

2. Movies & TV   -   #142
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Interesting to hear a meh on Chernobyl. Ratings have been very high. It's on my to watch list. Thanks for the headsup that it's not so great-- I'll go in with more reasonable expectations.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #143
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    That Deadwood movie left me distinctly underwhelmed...

4. Movies & TV   -   #144
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    That Deadwood movie left me distinctly underwhelmed...
    https://www.bookbrowse.com/expressio...-go-home-again
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #145
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Interesting to hear a meh on Chernobyl. Ratings have been very high. It's on my to watch list. Thanks for the headsup that it's not so great-- I'll go in with more reasonable expectations.
    Give it a go. It’s only six episodes and it does tell the story of Chernobyl. I just wish they’d gone into more depth about radiation and its effects considering that’s the underlying issue in the entire show. If those sort of details in shows interest you maybe read up on radiation before you watch the show

yo

6. Movies & TV   -   #146
    Fun fact for all Europeans of a certain age on here... I sure hope you guys limited your Nutella intake in the years from 1986 to 1990...

A lot of the hazelnuts Ferrero used in manufacturing that stuff came from Turkey, and consequently contained a lot of radiation. And rather than throw the nuts away, the Turks put them in cold storage for a few years and trickled them into the supply chain in the years afterwards.

7. Movies & TV   -   #147
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Fun fact for all Europeans of a certain age on here... I sure hope you guys limited your Nutella intake in the years from 1986 to 1990...

A lot of the hazelnuts Ferrero used in manufacturing that stuff came from Turkey, and consequently contained a lot of radiation. And rather than throw the nuts away, the Turks put them in cold storage for a few years and trickled them into the supply chain in the years afterwards.
    It's All!! Trump Trump Trumps fault!! CNN just reported it

Was it reported that any of the Nutella ended up in the US or Canada Cabby?? Or is it really propaganda shit posted??

My Daughter loves Nutella and my neighbors daughter works for Ferrero, occasionally she brings over chocolates and a few big containers of Nutella for her....

8. Movies & TV   -   #148
    No, true fact. My father was working in the candy business at the time and they had to deal with the same issues for some of their chocolate bars.

Don't know when Nutella was introduced to the US/Canada. Seems to me it wasn't here in the 80s, yet, was it?

9. Movies & TV   -   #149
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    "Mr. Bond, we need you to infiltrate the offices of Ferrero Rocher. He is attempting to flood the world market with radioactive nuts."

"That Turkey!"
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-05-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #150