Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You know what's surprisingly good? Nos4a2.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #192
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    City on a Hill seems to have potential.

In other news, just watched Season 5 of "Bosch". It was okay. Don't know if it was the story line or if it's the overall age of the show, but it did not grab me as much as earlier seasons.

3. Movies & TV   -   #193
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I watched all of the first season of Bosch. Could not remember how much of season 2 I had seen-- felt like I could not really tell the difference between the seasons. Should I dive in? Just felt like more of the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #194
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I like the show, and don't get me wrong, this one wasn't bad, it felt just not as good as the first seasons... There are a couple overarching story lines, like the murder of his mother or his relationship with his ex-wife, that connect the five seasons, even though each season is effectively one case he's working.

I'd give it another shot.

5. Movies & TV   -   #195
    Thank you, I'll keep it on my list.

I Am Mother was surprisingly well made, hade a great small cast, and pulls off a good dystopian sci-fi. Don't watch the preview, it gives too much away. Dive in if this is your kind of movie.

You know what's surprisingly good? Nos4a2.
    Interesting. I had not heard anything about it, so looked it up. You are going against the critics for once. Now I have to give it a shot. If it sucks, I have you to blame.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-11-2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #196
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Interesting. I had not heard anything about it, so looked it up. You are going against the critics for once. Now I have to give it a shot. If it sucks, I have you to blame.
    I haven't read any reviews so my mind isn't being influenced by what other people are telling me I should think.

That said I'm only five episodes in of the ten episode season. So far I'd give it a nine or if I was being totally objective maybe an eight. Obviously though there is still time for things to turn totally to shit like in the case of Doom Patrol so I may in the end be completely wrong about this to.

Edit. Read some negative reviews on IMDB. Most were complaining that it wasn't just like the novel.I suggest they never watch anything based on a book ever then. Either that or they, god forbid, took their time to give the characters a little depth instead of being some wank Stephen Kingish version of some frantic Marvel movie. In this case I suggest thy don't ever go praising the highly touted Better Call Saul then which most times would lose a race to mollasses.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #197
    The LA Times seems to like NOS4A2; ScreenRant doesn't-- but they appear to like being negative. Honestly, it sounds pretty good to me. Other negatives came from blogger-level sources.

Still holding you accountable

8. Movies & TV   -   #198
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Murky Affairs
    The case of Kathy Goble, who disappeared in April 2010. West Virginia State Police recovered the 62-year-old saleswoman's decapitated and dismembered body from a co-worker's garden, precisely two years later. Charles Eugene March's son found the remains while during yard work.

The Happiness of All Mankind
    Valery Legasov and Soviet Deputy Prime Minister Boris Shcherbina consider using lunar rovers to remove radioactive debris. Ulana Khomyuk faces government hurdles in determining the truth about the cause of the explosion.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

9. Movies & TV   -   #199
    The LA Times seems to like NOS4A2; ScreenRant doesn't-- but they appear to like being negative. Honestly, it sounds pretty good to me. Other negatives came from blogger-level sources.

Still holding you accountable
    I felt it fell a little flat in the middle but came back strongly in the end although the last episode
    Spoiler: Show

All in all would have been better as a movie than a series.

I Am Mother was surprisingly well made, hade a great small cast, and pulls off a good dystopian sci-fi. Don't watch the preview, it gives too much away. Dive in if this is your kind of movie.
    I would rather hit myself repeatedly in the face than watch another wank Netflix dystopian orginal movie.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-12-2019 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Movies & TV   -   #200
    I opted to actually be on time for work last night instead of downloading NOS4A2. I regret that now as I struggled to find *anything* of interest last night. Also, due to a rules enforcement regarding my leaving things at the house I 'work' in I have been forced to watch my Epson 2150 projector on a 40" screen (like a filthy peasant) rather than my 50" or 52" (can't remember)

I'd rather watch you repeatedly hit yourself in the face than any dystopian movie.