Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Speaking of terrible...watched Silence. Or should I say watched the incredibly cute Kiernan Shipka and ignored the fact that even with Stanley Tucci doing his best to make it worthwhile, could not overcome the fact that watching 90+ minutes of people whispering was sooo last year, and done with more interesting monsters. I'll give a spoiler in saying that the family escapes the city, then encounters a cult. Well... a 'cult' that includes 7 people if you count 2 captives that were not really into the whole thing. The final battle lasts roughly 2 minutes-- 6 if you count the stare-down which (I shit you knot) includes scribbling on paper at each other.

I did like Chuck. Worth a watch. Imdb will give you enough details on it. Basically a biography of a small-town boxer who gets his shot, struggles with real life. Easily endearing, I felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Now, "White Gold" is good fun. Two seasons, six episodes each. Not a lot of time investment required, yet a good payoff.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Shouldn't it be Whitish Gold? Granted being accurate doesn't flow off the tongue as gracefully.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Shouldn't it be Whitish Gold? Granted being accurate doesn't flow off the tongue as gracefully.
    Attachment 182290

Out of any real British TV series this is one of the tops for me and the 5th season has now started

Attachment 182291
    Last edited by shaina; 04-10-2019 at 06:17 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I just finished watching Babylon 5. Never saw it before and many people (assume Star Trek fans) said it was bad. Had to give it a try. It wasn't great, but not bad. Better than most of the shit on TV today.

With summer coming, thinking of watching Magnum P.I. (1980) and something else to mix things up. Might watch Oz, if I can finish downloading it (source very slow process, but works).

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    With summer coming, thinking of watching Magnum P.I. (1980) and something else to mix things up. Might watch Oz, if I can finish downloading it (source very slow process, but works).
    I would make a suggestion, you could use some of the 21st century methods, and actually use the wasted aggravation time you endure to watch maybe another tv series

You have the tools!, you have the knowledge!, what was that line in one of the Rocky Movies?? "Go For It"

I do remember liking the original Magmum P.I, series, and downloaded the first series in minutes and started watching, and was bored and deleted it after a few eps. I also watched OZ , and really have no remembrance of the series, i am thinking that is not a good sign. And even stranger i still have memories of Cagney and Lacey, but that could also be because i have known one of the main actors personally in that series my whole life?? or it could be a Clint Eastwood thing..

I will end and say do whatever floats your boat buddy.....

Edit: Another oldie by goodie i added to my list

Attachment 182294
    Last edited by shaina; 04-10-2019 at 07:41 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I just finished watching Babylon 5. Never saw it before and many people (assume Star Trek fans) said it was bad. Had to give it a try. It wasn't great, but not bad. Better than most of the shit on TV today.
    I remember really liking some of Space: Above and Beyond when it came out. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112173/ To the point that I actually recorded it on the old VHS tape which I may still have.

A couple of the guys that made The X-Files was responsible for it. It may or may not come off as hokey now. If you are looking for some oldish sci-fi you could do worse though.

TV. Where the pieces are greater than the whole.

https://them0vieblog.com/2014/12/11/...r-best-review/
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-10-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Seriously, watch it again. A lot of the stuff from the early seasons will not have made sense until later in the story arc, but if you know what will happen, the early seasons are much more satisfying.

Loved B5 back in the day. Probably should rewatch it. If only I had the time...

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

Edit: Another oldie by goodie i added to my list

Attachment 182294
    Finished the series a couple weeks ago. Worth the watch!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    I have nice copies of The Shield. Trying to coordinate a time to watch it with my stepfather (He's never seen it, I have). Will probably have to wait till next winter. I also trying to watch The Wire and Breaking Bad with him. He just recently retired and turns 80 in December. Trying to get him to watch something besides Law & Order, Blue Bloods and American Pickers.

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast