Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    If he hasn't seen Boston Legal, that was my favorite of the 'legal' genre. "Danny Crane."
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    If he hasn't seen Boston Legal, that was my favorite of the 'legal' genre. "Danny Crane."
    I'll have to ask. I love Boston Legal. They are airing it on TV now (MeTV, Laff, COZi ?). Shatner and Spader were a perfect match. Not to mention the hot broads (Bowen, Mitra, Burrows).

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Women who kill. Unlike many male murderers, female killers tend to know their victims. What pushes ordinary women to kill people who they know and sometimes who they love?
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    I think this movie is old? But "Miracles from Heaven." really made me cry.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    There's a new Twilight Zone hosted by Jordan Peele (yep, that one). He does a good job of projecting a Rod Serling voice, but every time I hear him, it just sounds...off...because I know that's not really how he talks. Not a bad host. He's also an executive producer, so there's an element of Get Out politicalism to one (and assumably upcoming) episodes. Still doesn't ruin it for me, just something I noticed.

I'm up-to-date on all 3 current episodes. Do yourself a favor and skip the first one. That is unless you enjoy watching a comedian bomb and repeatedly tell the same joke, then have his life turn to shit. Hardly a TZ twist, nor entertaining. I'd rate episode 2 as very good; 3rd episode as good. I'm sticking with the series...

Saw the first episode of Idol's mentioned Warrior. Potential there.

In the I'm-a-masochist-with-poor-taste category, I've continued down the rabbit hole for Into the Badlands, which is in it's final season and should be wrapping up within the next month. After season 1, it has thrown in a couple of new elements, but hasn't really been worth the investment. At this point, they could end the series with an atomic bomb killing all characters and I really wouldn't care. Bombs away, AMC. Bombs away...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinka View Post
    I think this movie is old? But "Miracles from Heaven." really made me cry.
    There's a thread for this response.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    There's a new Twilight Zone hosted by Jordan Peele (yep, that one). He does a good job of projecting a Rod Serling voice, but every time I hear him, it just sounds...off...because I know that's not really how he talks. Not a bad host. He's also an executive producer, so there's an element of Get Out politicalism to one (and assumably upcoming) episodes. Still doesn't ruin it for me, just something I noticed.

I'm up-to-date on all 3 current episodes. Do yourself a favor and skip the first one. That is unless you enjoy watching a comedian bomb and repeatedly tell the same joke, then have his life turn to shit. Hardly a TZ twist, nor entertaining. I'd rate episode 2 as very good; 3rd episode as good. I'm sticking with the series...

Saw the first episode of Idol's mentioned Warrior. Potential there.

In the I'm-a-masochist-with-poor-taste category, I've continued down the rabbit hole for Into the Badlands, which is in it's final season and should be wrapping up within the next month. After season 1, it has thrown in a couple of new elements, but hasn't really been worth the investment. At this point, they could end the series with an atomic bomb killing all characters and I really wouldn't care. Bombs away, AMC. Bombs away...
    I hate how Hollywood over uses someone just because they had a hit. Just like when everyone finally realized Breaking Bad was a great show. All of a sudden Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are in every movie. It's like airing the same songs on the radio multiple times per day every day. A good way to make everyone hate something good.
    Last edited by MacGyverSG1; 04-14-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Well, arguably Bryan Cranston had some success before and after Breaking Bad as well...

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Well, arguably Bryan Cranston had some success before and after Breaking Bad as well...
    Yeah, but when Malcolm In the Middle was a hit, he wasn't doing every movie that came out.

Look at J.K. Simmons. All of a sudden he is in everything. I think he's a good actor, but enough is enough. I avoid stuff with him in it now. I won't even watch those insurance commercials.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    By the way, has anyone watched that "The Name of the Rose" series, yet? Worthwhile?

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    I hate how Hollywood over uses someone just because they had a hit. Just like when everyone finally realized Breaking Bad was a great show. All of a sudden Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are in every movie. It's like airing the same songs on the radio multiple times per day every day. A good way to make everyone hate something good.
    Cranston showed he had talent and range when he moved past Malcolm's dad. Breaking Bad was truly exceptional, and I believe much of that is owed directly to Cranston's acting ability. Looking on IMDB, he hasn't had any extraordinary hits since BB, but I haven't found him out-of-place in any of those roles. As a fan, I'm kinda glad he's cashing in following BB's success. As long as an actor doesn't ruin a role, I see no reason why they shouldn't reap their due rewards. Travolta is the opposite of Cranston: little talent; almost zero range, yet reached far higher than he ever should have.

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast