115 lbs.: Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Michelle Waterson

145 lbs.: Kron Gracie vs. Cub Swanson
    170 lbs.: Niko Price vs. James Vick
    115 lbs.: Mackenzie Dern vs. Amanda Ribas
    155 lbs.: Max Frevola vs. Luis Pena
    205 lbs.: Eryk Anders vs. Gerald Meerschaert
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

2. Movies & TV   -   #432
    Finally getting into the last season of "The Peaky Blinders", halfway through watching the weird Yoda short series with the other half (Obviously not a Star Wars fan here).

3. Movies & TV   -   #433
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Watched "1917" last night. Good movie, cinematography is very well done. I liked the gradual change of scenery in the first 7 minutes, and the "coming full circle" at the end.

Not as violent as I had thought.

4. Movies & TV   -   #434
    Just watched Once Upon a time in Hollywood...am i the only one that thought it was terrible? Spent the whole time trying to figure out where they were going with it. My wife fell asleep to it.

5. Movies & TV   -   #435
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I thought it was pretty clear where they were going with it. At least until the end. Surprise twist that they did not go there.

Not a great movie, but not a bad one, either.

6. Movies & TV   -   #436
    The Outsider... Excellent start to the series, Jason Bateman and Ben Mendelshon on good form, story is gripping and dark. Hope the quality continues.

7. Movies & TV   -   #437
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Finally got to watch "Doctor Sleep" ...or at least half of it ...doctors say small doses of TV.

(Not quite SK's novel, but close.)

EDIT: Saw second half... not bad. (Way better than "Dark Tower" which was trash.) I heard someone mention another "The Stand" production in the future... we'll see.
    Last edited by Stehle; 02-15-2020 at 10:46 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Movies & TV   -   #438
    Mythic Quest, its soooo awesome and soooo funny!!!!!

9. Movies & TV   -   #439
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    I heard someone mention another "The Stand" production in the future... we'll see.
    Not holding out a lot of hope considering the density of the source novel and that the series is only going to be 10 episodes (prefer the extended version of the novel and that would take a lot of condensing) and that it's going to be on CBS All Access.
    On the actor side, Alexander Skarsgard has to be better than Jamey Sheridan as Flagg although I don't think Marsden is anywhere near a good fit for Stu Redman as Gary Sinise and that is basically the heart of the story. Also a Whoopie Goldberg Mother Abagail can't be taken seriously by literally anyone.

Also see that King himself has written a new ending which hopefully will only involve the epilogue as the rest of it plays out practically perfect as it is.

Are you watching The Outsider? It's pretty well done but then the story from the novel is pretty thin and if anything the series is padding it out.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-16-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Movies & TV   -   #440
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    I heard someone mention another "The Stand" production in the future... we'll see.
    Not holding out a lot of hope considering the density of the source novel and that the series is only going to be 10 episodes (prefer the extended version of the novel and that would take a lot of condensing) and that it's going to be on CBS All Access.
    On the actor side, Alexander Skarsgard has to be better than Jamey Sheridan as Flagg although I don't think Marsden is anywhere near a good fit for Stu Redman as Gary Sinise and that is basically the heart of the story. Also a Whoopie Goldberg Mother Abagail can't be taken seriously by literally anyone.

Also see that King himself has written a new ending which hopefully will only involve the epilogue as the rest of it plays out practically perfect as it is.

Are you watching The Outsider? It's pretty well done but then the story from the novel is pretty thin and if anything the series is padding it out.

"The Outsider"* is a Yes!
    , but waiting for season end since second episode.

The newer version of Holly Gibney has a lot to live up to... I liked the one from Mr Mercedes. [Audience Channel Commercial Free]... Hope there is a 3rd season... as a homage of sorts to "The Bill Hodges Trilogy" (End Of Watch), even if the story line went off the rails the first season.

I agree with most of the your actor substitutes for "The Stand" (My favorite novel!!), but I too loved Gary Sinise... as I stated before... we'll see.

*Hopefully just #7 episodes 1 downloaded tonight (Thank you Very much!) .. only 3 left to go for season 1?... Then binge tine!!!!
    Last edited by Stehle; 02-17-2020 at 05:59 AM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast