Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Just got to luv you some...Rodney!

Doing stand up sitting down. You know just a couple of guys talking and wham wham wham and you are holding you sides from laughing.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #472
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Watched... "Penny Dreadful City Of Angels S01E01 Santa Muerte (2020)" The ex liked it... (Which is unusual. ) ...I nodded off after 15 minutes. Given my sleep schedule is way off...

I'll give it another go tomorrow. (I liked the old one, she did not... witches, vampires werewolves, oh my, they even threw a few frankenstein monsters in for good measure... what's different about this?
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-25-2020 at 03:10 AM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #473
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The original Penny Dreadful is one of my favourite shows of the last decade but not feeling City of Angels at all. Might be the LA setting or the story or the frequent nods to woke culture but anywho me no likey.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #474
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The original Penny Dreadful is one of my favourite shows of the last decade but not feeling City of Angels at all. Might be the LA setting or the story or the frequent nods to woke culture but anywho me no likey.
    Okay, I'll back burner it then. (I knew there was a difference if I fell asleep on it.) She's work'in again tamale, so that'll be my backup winda. Tanks!

5. Movies & TV   -   #475
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Well, I was struggling to keep/get engaged with the show, but I thought the last 10-15 minutes got interesting. It's a potentially decent set-up for the rest of the series, so I'm willing to give it another shot.

6. Movies & TV   -   #476
    Sort of part American Gods, part True Detective Season 2, part Hunters with a little Milagro Beanfield War sprinkled in. The original Penny Dreadful was almost poetic at times. City of Angels seems to tend more to the crassly 'merican.
    I'm sure it will get better but I doubt it comes close to the original - see currently 58% on Rotten Tomatoes, 40% top critics.

7. Movies & TV   -   #477
    So I just acquired season 2 of "Das Boot" (the 2018 reboot)...

High hopes for that one.

8. Movies & TV   -   #478
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    ...but I thought the last 10-15 minutes got interesting. It's a potentially decent set-up for the rest of the series, so I'm willing to give it another shot.
    I guess I'll have to watch it now... at least to the 40-45 minute mark.

@Idol... I know, I know, I'll probably regret it... BUT....

9. Movies & TV   -   #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post

@Idol... I know, I know, I'll probably regret it... BUT....
    It was only my personal opinion on episode 1 which means literal nothing to anyone other than myself. Like I've been crank calling radio stations for years trying to get people to agree with me that Nicklelback is the greatest band of all time but apparently I'm in the minority. I mean like seriously, Led Zeppelin? Robert Plant wasn't even ever married to Avril Lavigne.

10. Movies & TV   -   #480
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    So I just acquired season 2 of "Das Boot" (the 2018 reboot)...

High hopes for that one.
    Five episodes in, I am not disappointed. Actually love this season more than the first one; more of a focus on the submarine rather than the resistance on-shore...

Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast