Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Make sure you leave an ambiguous farewell letter with lots of Nietzsche quotes.

2. Movies & TV   -   #642
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Too late. I've already written it and gone with "Can you surry, can you picnic, whoa?". If I had thought of the Nietzsche thing sooner I would have gone with " And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you" for sure though.

As for my point about The Stand, a lot of the book is essentially a road trip so telling it out of order and spoiling the ending is really a poor choice creatively. ...And they all live happily ever after and now how they got to here.
    Also they've removed all shading to the Harold character. In the book he does some terrible things but he's still essentially a tragic figure in the end.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-18-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #643
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You're still alive?!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #644
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    You're still alive?!
    Only on the outside, Meg. Only on the outside.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #645
    Speaking of Staying Alive...

Watched "The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" last night. It was surprisingly good; I am almost ashamed to admit that I had no idea how many of their songs I knew without ever knowing it was them.

If you feel somewhat nostalgic, it's worth the two hours.

6. Movies & TV   -   #646
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    You Lucky Dog
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

7. Movies & TV   -   #647
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I must agree with the knowledgeable on my verdict of "The Stand"... a mixed up mesh-mash of flash backs and out of order sequences. The ex never read the novel or watched any previous mini-series... so there is that... so we'll still watch.

(Do you're self a favor... read or if enough time has past re-read the novel.)

(My favorite novel of all time.)

[Crave a bit of decent horror/sci-fi after the 25th... try "Carrion Comfort" a novel by Dan Simmons]
    Last edited by Stehle; 12-22-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.

8. Movies & TV   -   #648
    Watched "The Flight Attendant" over the last week. Wife enjoyed it. I thought the ending was too constructed and rushed; plus there were side stories that did not seem to have any relevance to the main thread and distracted more than anything. I'll give it a solid 5 out of 10 (how's that for a ringing endorsement?).

At the end of the day, this really was less of a mystery or thriller and more a psychological deconstruction of the main character. if you don't give a crap about why she became a functioning alcoholic and does all the shit she does, my recommendation would be to avoid.
    Last edited by Caballero; 12-22-2020 at 06:58 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #649
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    “The Midnight Sky”... Watched this... Sci-Fi, thriller, post-apocalyptic tale which can be poignant and sometimes sad, but offers a bit of hope for a far-off future. We both enjoyed it.

(Not a holiday movie, Actor George Clooney stars and directs, CGI is decent if not current state of the art. It was very cold this morning, so we gave it a go.)

Cued up all the old essentials for later today, tonight and tomorrow. My personal Favorite is the classic "It's a Wonderful Life".
    Last edited by Stehle; 12-24-2020 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Have a great one!

10. Movies & TV   -   #650
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Man from Atlantis (1977)-Pilot Episode
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.