Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980818289 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

I recently saw all the IP Man movies. All were good but the first was by far my favorite.

2. Movies & TV   -   #782
    The Lost Symbol seems to be interesting

3. Movies & TV   -   #783
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Going back to the classics... Zorro -- Disney show from 1957. Watched the reruns on TV as a kid. Held up surprisingly well.

4. Movies & TV   -   #784
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Going back to the classics... Zorro -- Disney show from 1957. Watched the reruns on TV as a kid. Held up surprisingly well.
    Now I feel stupid. I never realized Antonio Banderas was that old.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #785
    Trying to watch The Wheel of Time but it's just soooo derivative of frankly better stuff. Better cast probably could have saved it but once again Hollywood seems to have chosen diversity over talent.

6. Movies & TV   -   #786
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I'm watching Dopesick. A Hulu Original. My friend swore by it but it's fucking boring so far.

7. Movies & TV   -   #787
    Southland

A very nice Cop Show. You should take a look at it.

8. Movies & TV   -   #788
    so is it worth watching if you don't have the context of books?

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Trying to watch The Wheel of Time but it's just soooo derivative of frankly better stuff. Better cast probably could have saved it but once again Hollywood seems to have chosen diversity over talent.
    so is it worth watching if you don't have the context of the books?
    Last edited by mjd73ks; 11-24-2021 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Movies & TV   -   #789
    Here's the thing about fantasy and science fiction movies/TV series based on books. The books in 99% of the cases are going to be better. Take Lord of the Rings for instance. Knowing the books so well kinda ruined the movies for me because of all the things that were changed, done poorly or left out.
    Some will argue that with shows like Game of Thrones some knowledge of the books makes things less confusing, to which I say just give the filmmakers time and I'm sure that everything will make some sort of sense in the end.

I'm going to watch the first episode of Hawkeye tonight. It's about that guy in The Last of the Mohicans, right?

I know it can't be the other one because apparently Alan Alda has Parkinson's.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 11-24-2021 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Movies & TV   -   #790
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Still sitting on the fence in regards to "Mayor of Kingstown". Really has some potential for a decent cop/detective yarn, but some of those "social teachings" moments are just too heavy-handed...