Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Going to watch Avengers eng game, so excited!

2. Movies & TV   -   #62
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Never the Same

A woman and her teenage daughter are savagely murdered in their own home; police find clues at the crime scene, including a bloody bare footprint and an unharmed 3-year-old girl with a heartbreaking story.

Deadly Deception

A father of four is gunned down during a vicious attack, but as police investigate the murder, they discover that nothing about the crime is what it appears to be.

The Truth Never Dies

When a young woman is found shot to death in her home, police are baffled; then a cryptic letter from a mysterious source sends the investigation down a twisting road to the truth.

Predator on the Loose

A deadly predator stalks prey in Stockton, California.

While Her Children Slept

After a 4-year-old girl finds her mother's lifeless body, police must try to unravel a puzzling mystery; during the murder investigation, they must rule out multiple suspects before arriving at the unlikely killer.

She's Gone

A young girl is kidnapped from her bed in the middle of the night; later, she is found dead in a nearby canal, marking the beginning of one of Salt Lake City's most notorious child murder investigations.

Secrets From the Grave

When the partially nude body of a teenage girl is found in a cemetery, investigators analyze DNA evidence recovered from the crime scene to find her killer.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

3. Movies & TV   -   #63
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Doom Patrol is significantly better than it should be. Any attempt to describe the characters, the storylines, even the setting all face an incredible uphill battle of being overly awkward, downtrodden, ghey, random, abstract and bizarre-- yet it is is in the lost, broken souls of these misfits that there's a great amount of heart as they struggle to heal themselves more than they seek to be any kind of heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Never the Same

A woman and her teenage daughter are savagely murdered in their own home; police find clues at the crime scene, including a bloody bare footprint and an unharmed 3-year-old girl with a heartbreaking story.

Deadly Deception

A father of four is gunned down during a vicious attack, but as police investigate the murder, they discover that nothing about the crime is what it appears to be.

The Truth Never Dies

When a young woman is found shot to death in her home, police are baffled; then a cryptic letter from a mysterious source sends the investigation down a twisting road to the truth.

Predator on the Loose

A deadly predator stalks prey in Stockton, California.

While Her Children Slept

After a 4-year-old girl finds her mother's lifeless body, police must try to unravel a puzzling mystery; during the murder investigation, they must rule out multiple suspects before arriving at the unlikely killer.

She's Gone

A young girl is kidnapped from her bed in the middle of the night; later, she is found dead in a nearby canal, marking the beginning of one of Salt Lake City's most notorious child murder investigations.

Secrets From the Grave

When the partially nude body of a teenage girl is found in a cemetery, investigators analyze DNA evidence recovered from the crime scene to find her killer.
    Was there a marathon on Lifetime?

5. Movies & TV   -   #65
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Was there a marathon on Lifetime?
    If nothing else at least it cleared up any doubts as to dion's sexuality.

Re: Doom Patrol. At first I really enjoyed how it was both sad and sweet and while I agree with everything you said I grew a bit bored with it after half a dozen episodes. It didn't seem to be headed anyplace good story-wise and the strength of the characters alone didn't seem to be enough for me after a while. That and the sytle of humour got a bit repetitive.

Also teetering on bailing on Warrior. Needs better characters which held Banshee together even when it was not so good at times.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-11-2019 at 11:53 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #66
    I think it's a bit too soon to give up on Warrior. It'd help if the main intent of the show didn't feel like a constant reminder that Chinese people were mistreated.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #67
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I thought Warrior S01E05 was excellent. Very much a traditional spaghetti western format. More of that, please.

8. Movies & TV   -   #68
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I thought Warrior S01E05 was excellent. Very much a traditional spaghetti western format. More of that, please.
    I had the same thought along with it was stupid to play it as a one-off and would have been better as something that made sense when attached to the greater whole of the season.

For some reason martial arts and Westerns always seem to mesh well. Kung Fu. Red Sun. Warrior's Way. The Stranger and the Gunfighter other stuff that I can't think of.

Shit, even The Magnificant Seven is a remake of Seven Samurai.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #69
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    A Wave Goodbye
    A 14-year-old girl is discovered murdered at an empty campground, located more than 50 miles from where she was last sighted.

A Harvest of Grief
    Police follow a trail of broken cornstalks and blood to the body of a beautiful young girl.

Crossed by Evil
    Racing to find a young woman who has vanished on her way to work, police uncover a trail of unspeakable evil.

Path of Tears
    A 14-year old girl is killed while walking her dog.

Evil Repeats Itself
    Beautiful teenager Mary Jayne Jones is found murdered in a desolate farmhouse while its owner is out of town.

Scent of a Killer
    The investigation into Sandra Iverson's stabbing death goes cold until a police canine team uncovers a trail leading them to an unlikely young suspect.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

10. Movies & TV   -   #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Was going to say this, too! Gave me hope that they might do more than focus on the main story, also expand on his relationships beyond sister/hookers/cops/bosses... Like I said, still too early to give up on it...

Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    A Wave Goodbye
    A 14-year-old girl is discovered murdered at an empty campground, located more than 50 miles from where she was last sighted.

A Harvest of Grief
    Police follow a trail of broken cornstalks and blood to the body of a beautiful young girl.

Crossed by Evil
    Racing to find a young woman who has vanished on her way to work, police uncover a trail of unspeakable evil.

Path of Tears
    A 14-year old girl is killed while walking her dog.

Evil Repeats Itself
    Beautiful teenager Mary Jayne Jones is found murdered in a desolate farmhouse while its owner is out of town.

Scent of a Killer
    The investigation into Sandra Iverson's stabbing death goes cold until a police canine team uncovers a trail leading them to an unlikely young suspect.
    Hmmm... Freud might have something to say regarding your keyword searches.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 05-12-2019 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast