Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    (We both like women action heroes.)
    In that case I'll give you my review after I have watched "Warrior Nun".

2. Movies & TV   -   #512
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    (We both like women action heroes.)
    In that case I'll give you my review after I have watched "Warrior Nun".
    Looks like a hoot! Looking forward to it!

3. Movies & TV   -   #513
    Warrior Nun (Netflix, 10 eps)

Well, that was... not what I expected. I thought this was going to be some silly Kung Fu-style series, but except for the last 10 minutes of the last episode... not so much. Somewhat slow-moving, especially the first two episodes. Still have not figured out the significance of all players. Still, there was just enough "there" there to keep me watching. All in all I don't think I wasted seven hours, but let me just warn you that the ending is somewhat disappointing.

Then again, the whole first season seems to be the setup for what I thought the show would be and what it hopefully will be if there is, in fact, a season 2.

Oh, word to the wise -- I watched the ION10 release which does not have subtitles (mp4 not mkv). While the show is in English, there are a few episodes where there is substantial Spanish or Italian dialogue. You may want to search for English forced subs to enhance your viewing pleasure.

4. Movies & TV   -   #514
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Thank you for the in-depth review Cab! "The Old Guard" was decent enough, but it got very hot, so she watched "Palm Springs" by herself and said it was, "Okay." .

(I think she has become addicted to Penny Dreadful series.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-13-2020 at 12:01 AM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #515
    J'Accuse (2019)

Polanski film about the Dreyfus affair. Actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Three thumbs up.

6. Movies & TV   -   #516
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    J'Accuse (2019)

Polanski film about the Dreyfus affair. Actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Three thumbs up.
    When you said, "Dreyfus affair", I immediately thought, "Why would anyone care about Richard Dreyfuss getting a little side action?"

Goddamnit, American public education system!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #517
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Thank you for the in-depth review Cab! "The Old Guard" was decent enough, but it got very hot, so she watched "Palm Springs" by herself and said it was, "Okay." .

(I think she has become addicted to Penny Dreadful series.)
    The Old Guard was OK. Where it fails is in not using the long stretches between action pieces to better flesh out the characters. That and again pretending that some waif (Nile) is some badass warrior while proposing literally no reason why she should be. This isn't sexist. Guys like The Rock, it's an assumption by his appearance. If on the other hand it's a 110 lbs girl then I need some other reason to buy into it.

Also watched The Outpost. It's good if you don't mind that a fairly accurate portrayal of army life is going to include a lot of scenes of people killing only time.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #518
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    When you said, "Dreyfus affair", I immediately thought, "Why would anyone care about Richard Dreyfuss getting a little side action?"

Goddamnit, American public education system!!!
    Well, that's why I linked to IMDB.

9. Movies & TV   -   #519
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    J'Accuse (2019)

I'm firmly in the boycott anything made by convicted pedophiles who flee the country to avoid justice camp.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Movies & TV   -   #520
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I think she think she confuses the "Perry Mason" (PM) series with "Penny Dreadful" (PD) series... I told her tomorrow (Her day off.) we could watch the latest PM, but she calls it PD... she said,"...the old timey L.A. one?" I said, "Yes, the period* piece." She sez, "yes...there was a lot of blood."

(Now in her defense... one takes place in I believe 1928 and one in 1938 the sets are very similar if not the same. Except were date able... autos, clothing, etc.)

*I'm not certain, but I think she thought I was referring to a menstrual cycle.

EDIT: Whenever she see's me staring at the FST screen she asks me... If I'm laughing yet.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-13-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: I gotta luv the ex.