Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Happened to be one of the very first to grab The Kid when it was posted on IPT. Seemed like a safe bet with Vincent D'Onofrio directing and writing, as well as a cast reuniting many of the recent Magnificent Seven. Unfortunately, the movie just lacks in everything that made MS work. The main story seems to get lost in itself, the actors seem more like they are there to help a buddy make his movie than really shine, and there's never really any time when the movie gets exciting. Overally, it wasn't completely bad, but with the talent involved it should have been *much* better. It current;y has a ~6.3 on IMDB, i believe it will settle closer to 5.5...
    How much faith do you put in the IMDb ratings really Meg?? Even if you are say really into Westerns?? But the people leaving there ratings/reviews are movie buffs but not avid Western movie lovers?? I know it is a new release and there was only just over 600 people that posted reviews.. My downfall is i seem to always go to movies that i know the actors in it, and i miss so many diamond in the ruffs because of it....

I Am Wrath (2016)
    ....IMDb rating 5.4 with 11,130 reviews/posts
    I thought it was entertaining and a typical Travolta action movie but for me personally it also had Christopher Meloni that stared in Law and Order SVU and thought he played his roll really good in that..
    If you are into typical action revenge style movies i would recommend you to check it out, the story line was pretty good...

On a personal note to you Meg...

You know thinking now that i see you changed your splash screen and you know actually that was not necessary, just adding the truthful fact context that i did post would have made it a true statement of what i actually said, because i did use those exact words and a few in the beginning of that comment, for that i apologize for not explaining it that way. It's like going to twitter and watching a video posted and then seeing all the horrible people turning on a person and threatening his/her life!! Then a few hours later the full footage is posted and it was completely not what it seemed!!! I guess that's what you can call "Fake News". But really thinking about it on the full footage you only see less than half of the comments, It is like everyone still believes or wants the horrible fake version, not the real truth, to me the biggest dangers of Internet today
    Last edited by shaina; 05-26-2019 at 02:11 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #122
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Initially, I never expected to leave that siggyup for more than a day. I intended to quickly ruffle your feathers because it was such a significant out-of-context 'quote' but you never mentioned it. :p

I believe we see a lot of westerns and zombie movies for the same reason: they're cheap to make. Some of them can be exceptional and/or fun. I really had good hopes for The Kid.

IMDb ratings are at least a baseline for expectations. I find that ratings that steadily fall as more people see the movie/show tells an accurate picture of how good something is. At least potentially. My 5.5 rating was meant to say, " not terrible, just not as good as had hoped ". I'll forego any mom/wife/daughter jokes with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #123
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Initially, I never expected to leave that siggyup for more than a day. I intended to quickly ruffle your feathers because it was such a significant out-of-context 'quote' but you never mentioned it. :p
    Oh i did say something a long time back, but it probably got lost in my post and i know you don't really read what i post, you just skim through quickly

I believe we see a lot of westerns and zombie movies for the same reason: they're cheap to make. Some of them can be exceptional and/or fun. I really had good hopes for The Kid.
    My wife loves westerns but more vintage ones, she used to watch them all the time with her dad. I myself am not fond of westerns unless you count Blazing Saddles or The Frisco Kid in that category...

IMDb ratings are at least a baseline for expectations. I find that ratings that steadily fall as more people see the movie/show tells an accurate picture of how good something is. At least potentially. My 5.5 rating was meant to say, " not terrible, just not as good as had hoped ". I'll forego any mom/wife/daughter/SON jokes with that...
    Fixed!! And don't forget to add one of your joys of life again, and i did understand what you meant on the average going down/settling to 5.5.....
    My kids go to all these different sites to see reviews and shit!!, and you would figure after 600 comments it would be pretty close to accurate, on your flick?? most of the time i don't bother, i download the movie and skim through it to see if i will have any interests in the story line and then save it or chuck it, even the ones that have well known actors i recognize ,but i stay away from all the B horror uploads, i tried watching a few of them and they were so bad i just avoid all of them now.. Halloween 1-2, and Black Christmas would lead my top horror's , and i don't count Blade or Underworld movie series as horror's, but for myself were all really good movies, and recommend all of them if you like that genre...

PS. Well i just was curios and checked out Solo:A Star Wars Story rating and myself personally it took me a few days to watch it, kept falling asleep, actually thought it was shit!! And that sits at 7.0 with 223,544 which is pretty high ratings. And a for some reason a ton of Movies i see posted/uploaded on Usenet are Netflix originals??. Most of those i find shit as well!!!
    Last edited by shaina; 05-26-2019 at 03:11 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #124
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Fairly unknown old Western. Ride Lonesome.

Also for Westerns, basically anything with Lee Marvin or Burt Lancaster in it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #125
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Doom Patrol is dragging on at this point. This is now the 3rd week that I've been surprised a new episode has been posted-- actually thought the season was wrapped up at 12...now we've got 15 to watch. I guess every week is a big cliff-hanger...
    You're done at this point.

6. Movies & TV   -   #126
    The Old Man and the Gun Like Eastwood, Redford has directed/created/acted in some exceptional films later in life. It was because of that I dove into this one. I won't say it is 'bad' by any means, but I think Redford believed his character and story were more endearing, sentimental than they ended up being. I suspect people over 60 might have been the intended audience. For a movie about robbing banks, running from the police, and living one's life the way one chooses, it lacks real excitement. While the main character is interesting, there's only so much depth to him.

Casey Affleck is very likable and does a great job as usual. Not even sure *why* he's such an enjoyable actor, but he seems to succeed every time.

Maybe with a little more depth, more excitement, and some rewriting this could have been great. As it stands, I give it a 6/10.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #127
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Agreed. Watched The Old Man a while back and was somewhat left scratching my head afterwards. It was a decent enough movie, but it left me wanting...
    Last edited by Caballero; 05-29-2019 at 03:47 AM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #128
    Captain Marvel.

With a couple notable exceptions, Marvel movie are all shit. They are smart enough to cast good actors and creating just enough emotional resonance though that people are tricked into thinking they aren't.

Case in point, Captain Marvel. Upon viewing you are left with the impression that it wasn't too bad but if you step and actually consider what you just watched, it pretty much sucks balls.

Didn't watch Old Man anything because seriously "Old Man" why the fuck would I.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-28-2019 at 04:40 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #129

10. Movies & TV   -   #130
    I think that's a song, Meg.

Unlike movies, songs and books are allowed to depress me.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-28-2019 at 06:37 PM.