Page 1 of 92 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Basically, I'm creating this because I have a lot of time to watch movies and shows while at work. Sometimes I find a winner; often times it's just to pass time. Feel free to add hits or misses that are currently available on streaming services, are new downloads, or something that you've watched recently. A brief review would be a big plus.

Love, Death & Robots is an adult-themed, somewhat 'edgy' sci-fi anthology collection currently on Netflix. As for middle-of-the-night watching goes, this was a win. Certainly not the best thing you'll ever watch, but I'll give it a nod.

Cool Hand Luke. If you haven't seen it, watch it. If you have, see it again. Classic af.

Lord of War Nicolas Cage at his arguable best.

Split and Glass If you saw Unbreakable and thought, "Wow...most boring superhero ever!" There is now a trilogy that actually works in an odd, M. Night Shamal(whatever) sort of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    What We Do in the Shadows

Warrior

Paul Newman movie worth a watch - The Hustler. Interesting sort of companion piece - The Cincinnati Kid with Steve McQueen.

Shit old movies that I remember enjoying - Mackenna's Gold

Glass ending. Which retard thought stuff like this will endear the film to audiences? I know it's Shamnalamadiba so there has to be a twist even if it's to the detriment of the overall product.

Literally the greatest scene of all time. The fist pump at the end really sells it.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-07-2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I can't disagree-- that's a pretty great scene! I especially like the line, "He's just a thrower."

Spoiler: Show

My eyes skipped right over Warrior thinking it was the fight movie from a few years back. Had actually read that Lee's daughter had worked to get the story into production, but had not realized it was already made. Will give it a watch for its Banshee-alum pedigree alone.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 04-07-2019 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Last night I watched the first incarnation of Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock Holmes. When it first came out, I seem to remember abandoning it within the first 1/2 hour. I thought I'd give it another chance. Oddly, I was more accepting of Kung Fu Sherlock, but regardless of the cast, it just felt kinda forced and out-of-place. Things I did like: RDJ was cast well as a bored genius with underlying problems. Although oddly placed, some of the fight scenes were good (but we got to see each one played out twice). Overall, I was ready to watch the next one, but didn't have the ability to steal it, and certainly wasn't going to pay $4 out of boredom.

I think I'll dive into some Steve McQueen soon. I think I'm due for Marathon Man and Papillon (original), too.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 04-08-2019 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Ever since his marriage to Madonna I think Guy Ritchie does his best to ruin every movie he's associated with as his way of getting back at the World.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-08-2019 at 05:42 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Ever since his marriage to Madonna I think Guy Ritchie does his best to ruin every movie he's associated with as his way of getting back at the World.
    He must have signed an iron-clad prenup.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I got back into Narcos: Mexico last night. There's just something engaging about an empire-building story. True or fiction, they tend to catch my interest. Giant comes to mind. Citizen Kane. Wall Street. Narcos: Mehico definitely falls in this category. We see Felix Gallardo rise from small town trafficker to pot kingpin to cocaine super highway builder with all of the struggles that come with the chosen profession. Worth a watch, imo.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    It is always good to start a new thread for movie discussions and coveying our valuable point about that movie. I appreciate for starting this thread.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I might be mistaken but I believe Meg might appreciate it more if you contributed to the thread something beyond spam.

I watched the premiere of The Code. I was sort of like A Few Good Men if A Few Good Men was terrible.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I just finished the last season of Berlin Station.

I don't know, I really liked the first season and the second one was okay, but that last one felt a bit like a letdown. Timely as ever in the current-events they base the story on, but I did not get sucked into it as much as in the first two seasons.
    Last edited by Caballero; 04-10-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 92 12341151 ... LastLast