Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Watched Mortal Kombat. Really enjoyed the movie; though it really didn't make a lot of sense at times. But a brilliant reboot and I hope they green-light a trilogy.

2. Movies & TV   -   #692
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #693
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I had my doubts, not gonna lie, but three episodes in The Mosquito Coast on AppleTV (or wherever you stream your downloads from) is actually quite good. First episode started a little sluggish, but the second one more than made up for it. Third one was a little slower (by necessity of the story line) again, but they are not giving anything away about the rest of the season and really made me want more.

Got my recommendation.

4. Movies & TV   -   #694
    My idea of entertainment basically begins and ends with whether it makes me feel good with a big slice of happy ending so hard pass and this time not only because of Justin Theroux.

5. Movies & TV   -   #695
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I had my doubts, not gonna lie, but three episodes in The Mosquito Coast on AppleTV (or wherever you stream your downloads from) is actually quite good. First episode started a little sluggish, but the second one more than made up for it. Third one was a little slower (by necessity of the story line) again, but they are not giving anything away about the rest of the season and really made me want more.

Got my recommendation.
    I can't think of any recommendation that I have been steered wrong by you.

Checked them out with the streamer yesterday and they look good to me! Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    My idea of entertainment basically begins and ends with whether it makes me feel good with a big slice of happy ending...
    Again I have to agree give you a nod there, I would also like to add "based on true stories"... especially history where some lessons of life are learned, at times a good cry over some

sappy story... (ex's recent example "Together, Together")... animations (like "Soul").. plenty of others... last movie that had a twist was "Nobody" which for me was exciting as the action was

unexpected... plus I liked all the 'splosions!

(Oh... and as you probably already guessed... "Ancient Aliens" for so many years, has been one of many of my favorite shows.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 05-12-2021 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Have a g'day mates! ;)

6. Movies & TV   -   #696
    A happy ending means different things to different people. Dion for instance, thinks it's a happy ending when the last remaining co-ed is finally brutally murdered.

7. Movies & TV   -   #697
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    A happy ending means different things to different people. Dion for instance, thinks it's a happy ending when the last remaining co-ed is finally brutally murdered.
    Dion may need to watch... "Promising Young Woman" a few times... perhaps for a cure?

8. Movies & TV   -   #698
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Final Destination never been on my bucket list tho.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

9. Movies & TV   -   #699
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Spy City

Cold war spy drama in Berlin during the summer of 1963, right before The Wall went up (not the Pink Floyd production, that was right after the the wall came down. Worthwhile concert to watch, too, though). Easy six episodes to watch in one or two binge sessions.

Got my seal of approval.

PS: Some non-English dialogue (Russians speak Russian, frogs speak French, some German background noise). If you don't download/watch the dual-language/sub "German" version I uploaded, you may want to get some subs somewhere. In the great scheme of things it doesn't distract from the show if you don't, of course.

10. Movies & TV   -   #700
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Spy City... Got my seal of approval.
    Thank you... I'll check it out.

All in all it's been a pretty good week for tele viewing.

Faced with the choice of... "The Death And Return Of Superman" or "Buccaneers Girl" the ex went with Yvonne De Carlo... that's' entertainment or was.

(I was always a big DC Universe fan, but still watch Marvel Universe... back when comics were .10₵.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson