Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The Rookie not sure why I thought something on ABC television would be good-- I honestly cannot remember a series from that channel that's been a hit. Anyway, I followed the IMDB crowd and dove in. How could a show with an 8.1 rating be bad? It is. After recently watching The Shield, these guys are the complete opposite, rule-following paper-pushers. It's like Cops, but you watch the officers do the paperwork and discuss if they ever lied on an official document. Riveting. People routinely mistake Nathan Fillian for someone in charge, but...no!...he's *actually* just a rookie!!! Hilarity ensues. Repeatedly.

So, if you're in the mood for patrol car hijinx (he damages 6 or 7 cars in the first episode ) , running gags, and what ethical issues cops face-- dive in. Just remember...he's the *rookie!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #52
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Nathan Fillion so I tried but gave up about 20 minutes into the first episode. ABC should have been smart and just done a remake of Firefly instead.

I just checked and it's true, you can't do any worse than ABC.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-26-2019 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #53
    People have been wanting Firefly back for years. Netflix will probably do it-- that's one of their kind of good deeds.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #54
    There are a few shows that ended too soon, but it's been too many years since they were cancelled. Better off just leaving them alone. No need to taint the good memories we still have.

5. Movies & TV   -   #55
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Is there a season 3 for ST: Disco? Just finished the second season yesterday, and the ending surprised me somewhat... Or is season 3 and whatever comes after going to be all about the Enterprise?

6. Movies & TV   -   #56
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    [video=Low Hanging Fruit]
    I guess that's only fair since we mock you endlessly, Dion.

Long time has passed since my ass got licked. Thank you, meg!
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

7. Movies & TV   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

I guess that's only fair since we mock you endlessly, Dion.

Long time has passed since my ass got licked. Thank you, meg!
    It literally takes zero effort to keep you from sexual activity, Dion. I expect your drought has only just begun.

8. Movies & TV   -   #58
    Cobra Kai Just binged season 1. Coming from its roots, I don't think there would have been a better way to write the script. It's just right when it comes to call-backs, building tension towards the inevitable end, seeing different perspectives, and resurrecting the characters. It's fun and resonates with the generation who grew up with Karate Kid. It's already got a season 2, which I'll binge soon.

9. Movies & TV   -   #59
    Avengers: Endgame.

Tries to all things to all people and thus doomed to failing as much as it suceeds. Not that anyone invovled cares 'cause $$$$$$.

Seriously though, seriously?
    It's taken me years, but I finally have the body of Thor.

10. Movies & TV   -   #60
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    They Died with Their Boots On (1941)
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast