Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 377784858687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Well there is one other that comes to mind today... "Silo" although just starting with the first two episodes out... it is excellent!!!

The visuals (NTb of course), are outstanding! I would highly recommend reading the series starting with "Wool" by Hugh Howey which I had read years ago.

Its a bit funny how your minds eye or your imagination can be so spot-on with seeing the scenes duplicated in a story you read and enjoyed so many years ago, but I digress.

@Cab Thanks again for all your efforts, you are appreciated.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #862
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Watched "AIR" yesterday. Enjoyed it very much.

Wife made me watch "Book Club 2". Not so much.

3. Movies & TV   -   #863
    "SISU"

Won't win any Oscars. Not quite as enjoyable as John Wick. About the same amount of dialogue and violence.

4. Movies & TV   -   #864
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, I felt kind of the same with "SISU", but speaking of Oscars...

My early prediction would be... at least so far this year mind ya... "Guy Ritchie's The Covenant" Again, probably it was just me or my state of mind at the time, BUT...

It just seemed to have the right formula... story, acting, empathy, ultra violence needed for a conclusion or end. Remember... I'm just going by what films I have viewed so far this year.

If it tugged on enough heart strings it may get an Oscar nod for something.

That being said... I see a bit of a future for a book that has been made into a film perhaps later this fall.

Not currently reading... finished it a while ago. You'll see the post.

I haven't watched "AIR" yet, so it's now in my cue.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

5. Movies & TV   -   #865
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I literally couldn't get past the first 30 minutes of The Covenant so I read what happened on Wikipedia. True story. All in all, given Guy Richie is a fucktard of a director, seemed a good decision on my part.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #866
    Dungeons & Dragons -- Entertaining when I watched it. Already forgot what it was about.

Super Mario Bros. -- Better than expected. Never had any Nintendo systems (grew up playing Atari), but what little I know about their games I recognized in the movie. Well done.

Renfield -- definitely this weekend's winner.

7. Movies & TV   -   #867
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    My kids, now grown men would probably get a kick outta "Super Mario Bros.", which I viewed yesterday. I was more of a PC geek, but as far as Nintendo or PlayStation later it was Metal Gear for me. I would tend to agree better than expected... kinda of a vegetative state good popcorn type movie.

"Tetris"on the other hand (Which I must confess, never played.), seemed to have a decent based on true story formula and now I understand were I heard the name Maxwell before {gag} predatory family me thinks. All in all better than I thought it would be.

Now I guess I'm going to give the second season of "Yellowjackets" a whirl as I like bizarre mysteries.

8. Movies & TV   -   #868
    Mostly, I can call myself a binge-watcher. I like K-dramas and US dramas and movies.

My most recent watch was Tu Jothi Main Makar; it was a good watch.

9. Movies & TV   -   #869
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm a bit behind on entertainment, but kinda liked Grey Man with Gosling and Cap'n Merka. Definitely a formula-driven movie but had enough action to keep it interesting. Honestly only a 6.5 or 7 out of 10, but watchable if you don't expect too much from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #870
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Black Mirror" Season Six... What can be said of this anthology series... well this season there are more episodes again (5) this Twilight Zone type series started out in the UK with just 3 episodes. Currently on Netfix... and I enjoy most stories that although quite bizarre at times, they are and always will be a staple of my viewing diet.

They do make you think however... If anon's avatar had a crack in the center... well, you'd know what I mean

Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 377784858687888990 ... LastLast