Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    "Rebecca" (2020) ...decent period piece... great visuals... quick mystery. Well enjoyed, time well spent for us.
    The original is considered a classic. Hitchcock, Olivier, Best Picture Oscar. remaking it with inferior talent is about right for 2020.
    Okay... We had not seen the originals. The ex doesn't want me to delete The Witches one until I get the classic one now. I'll keep me eye out for the other 1940 classic though. Thanks!

(Things have changed a bit for me since the ex lost her job sometime ago (Long story... Covid related), so... {sigh}... having a shadow 24/7 has been... well an issue I must say. Gotta keep the peace tele wise.)

Routine is key, she loves NeXt, Tehran and Third Day, mild horror (Helstrom), but science fiction films or cable shows (Lovecraft, etc.) are my thing never were hers. Mysteries, , comedies, mysteries... she always loved her Agatha Christie novels.
    Last edited by Stehle; 10-24-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Still a luv / dislike thing... eveyday is a different.

2. Movies & TV   -   #612
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Okay... We had not seen the originals. The ex doesn't want me to delete The Witches one until I get the classic one now. I'll keep me eye out for the other 1940 classic though. Thanks!
    See, as luck would have it, I just uploaded the original version of Rebecca a week or two ago...

https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/mov...y-X264-AMIABLE

1080p version is also available.

Edit: here you go with The Witches: https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/mov...9-x264-SiNNERS / https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/mov...9-x264-SiNNERS
    Last edited by Caballero; 10-24-2020 at 04:17 PM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #613
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    ... she always loved her Agatha Christie novels.
    Me too. I have dog-eared copies of The ABC Murders and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd kicking around someplace. As a rule for Dame Agatha I like the books better than the movies or TV series. For Sherlock Holmes it's sort of the opposite, I like the TV series better than the books. I think this is mostly due to the casting.
    l

(Things have changed a bit for me since the ex lost her job sometime ago (Long story... Covid related), so... {sigh}... having a shadow 24/7 has been... well an issue I must say. Gotta keep the peace tele wise.)
    "Life is hard and then you die" from Dempsey and Makepeace.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-24-2020 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #614
    thewho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4

5. Movies & TV   -   #615
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by thewho View Post
    It left me underwhelmed maybe because outside of the daughter bit everything had already been done before. Cohan's best character is still Ali G because for the most part he wasn't trying to make some sort of social statement
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #616
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Watched Borat tonight. Not great, but ok.

Friend of mine texted that she saw it tonight as well, but that she enjoyed half an edible before she started the movie. I need to ask tomorrow if that made it a better experience.

7. Movies & TV   -   #617
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    See, as luck would have it...
    Thanks again Cab, we appreciate it!

Idol, I'm onboard with tele Sherlocks too! Definitely Superior!

(Was raised on those old B&W Basil Rathbone films.)

@Cab Borat II?... gotta watch the edible intake... prolly no difference... save for anything better perhaps.
    Last edited by Stehle; 10-25-2020 at 05:19 PM. Reason: It's Sunday.

8. Movies & TV   -   #618
    thewho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    "The Queen's Gambit" - it is really good

9. Movies & TV   -   #619
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Radioactive (2019)
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

10. Movies & TV   -   #620
    I'm watching Biggles from 1986 right now. Some not so well known time travel movie. It's not too bad despite it's unpromising imdb rating.