Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    A Deadly Omen
    A teenager vanishes from a movie theater parking lot.

Unanswered Questions
    Patti Berry disappears on the way to pick up her child at the babysitter's, then her body is found in a secluded wooded area not far from her abandoned blood-soaked car.

A Mother's Secret
    The case of a mother-of-three who vanished, but as the case unfolds the community if shocked by the woman's secret past.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

2. Movies & TV   -   #212
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Worked my way through NOS4A2. Thought it was pretty decent-- didn't really see what people were complaining about. It was what I'd consider easy to watch-- no complex plot to follow, just good-ish vs evil. I realize that it costs a lot of money to attract an audience to a new show, and it makes financial sense to keep that audience hooked through multiple seasons, but it doesn't always make sense to do that with a story. This season ends with
    Spoiler: Show
    . And it kinda ruins everything.
    That's kind of how I feel about American Gods, season 2.
    Last edited by Caballero; 06-17-2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Movies & TV   -   #213
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Tried to watch Easy. After two episodes Ive decided it’s the worst, most pointless show ever. How the fk has it had three season. It is nothing short of a steaming pile of boring nonsensical shit.

yo

4. Movies & TV   -   #214
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Fatal Climb
    Just minutes after taking off from Bucharest, Romania, Tarom Flight 371 banks sharply to the left, veers off course, and nosedives into a farmer's field. It's the deadliest air disaster in the country's history, and rumors of a bomb on board quickly reach a frenzied pitch in the country's newly free press. Romanian investigators call in the FBI to determine if it was an accident or an act of murder. But it's ultimately the captain's own voice that reveals the underlying cause of the disaster.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

5. Movies & TV   -   #215
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Fatal Climb
    Just minutes after taking off from Bucharest, Romania, Tarom Flight 371 banks sharply to the left, veers off course, and nosedives into a farmer's field. It's the deadliest air disaster in the country's history, and rumors of a bomb on board quickly reach a frenzied pitch in the country's newly free press. Romanian investigators call in the FBI to determine if it was an accident or an act of murder. But it's ultimately the captain's own voice that reveals the underlying cause of the disaster.
    Ironically with each subsequent post you increase your chances of a murder mystery movie like this being made about you.

Oh well, as the saying goes, live fast, die young and leave a decomposing corpse in the fields near your house.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #216
    Currently watching season 2 of "Tin Star". Not as good as the first one.

7. Movies & TV   -   #217
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Fatal Climb
    I'm thinking an hour to 90 minutes could have been saved by listening to the captain's voice recorder instead of watching the whole thing.

Binged the 3rd season of Jessica Jones. Honestly, my favorite of the three. It focuses on what makes a hero, and where the line is between doing good and becoming evil-- even when your intentions are good.

I have watched all of the Marvel series on Netflix, and I place them in this order: Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist. None are as good as most of the Marvel movies, but Netflix has more time to develop stories and characters. Apples and oranges, but big budgets win.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-19-2019 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #218
    I have watched all of the Marvel series on Netflix, and I place them in this order: Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist. None are as good as most of the Marvel movies, but Netflix has more time to develop stories and characters. Apples and oranges, but big budgets win.
    What about Agent Carter? I haven't watched the second series, yet, but did like the first one.

9. Movies & TV   -   #219
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Was that a Netflix original? I never got into that one. Even Captain America fighting Nazis barely held my interest until it got to Red Skull.

There was also the season where they forced Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Daredevil together. That one goes at the end of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero
    That's kind of how I feel about American Gods, season 2.
    'Merkin Gods should have been 10-15 episodes of pure awesome instead of the perpetual drag out of new information that it is. We really only learned like 2 new important details in all of season 2. Season 1 was slow to tell us anything as well.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-19-2019 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #220
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Was that a Netflix original?
    ABC so you can guess the quality. Actually I watched some of it because of Carter and Howard Stark (Dominic "Preacher" Cooper) being in it. I don't remember there being a plot beyond Carter being underestimated because she was a woman and all the male agents being tools.

Just saw it's got an 8/10 rating on IMDB which means either those people are studio plants or smoking something 'cause no way it's better than a 5 even factoring in the tits.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-19-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.