Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Deep Water (2022) Hamstrings itself badly from the outset by serving up some thoroughly unlikable main characters. Also for a movie purported to be an erotic thriller, directed by the undisputed king of erotic thrillers- Adrian Lyne , there is remarkably little either erotism or thrills but I guess such are the times we live in. At least it isn't a three hour superhero movie.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-19-2022 at 12:51 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #812
    korogipys's Avatar Member
    Fury.

3. Movies & TV   -   #813
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Yesterday I mini-binged the first two episodes of "Outer Range"... I give it two thumbs up and can't wait for the next two, next week!

(Yeah, probably not for everyone, but I have a tendency to gravitate to strange things.)

I think "From", "Severance" and "PB: Force" have probably ended their seasons... I have to look to the future... though I will miss Tommy and Mark. 'nuff said.

Next up... I can finally finish "Clarkson's Farm" from last year... yep, I like funny farm'in shows as well.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Movies & TV   -   #814
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Next up... I can finally finish "Clarkson's Farm" from last year... yep, I like funny farm'in shows as well.
    Check out Hammond's Garage as well, then. Not quite as entertaining, but still a good waste of time.

5. Movies & TV   -   #815
    I did end up watching The Contractor (2022) and it did end up being incredibly bad. Streaming service movie, who'd have figured?

6. Movies & TV   -   #816
    charlga's Avatar Member
    Mini-series Clark has bunch of great actors and nice music

7. Movies & TV   -   #817
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Okay, A quick mention... "The Old Man"... I really enjoyed it and feel it's off to a good start!

I finally got around to viewing "Everything Everywhere All at Once" ...probably not everyone's cup of tea when it comes multiverses, but I enjoyed it immensely!

(Perhaps it was just... my state of mind ...when viewing this film, but I think I feel an Oscar nomination of some kind in it's future.)

As a comedy series... "The Outlaws" was a scream... and made me think back to an age of shoveling curbs in NJ, showing my mates how to fish gonzo style in the Delaware river on our lunch breaks. True Story... good times.

Honorable mentions for me lately are: "Tehran", "Night Sky", "Shining Girls", "The Offer" and a few more. Guess it's time to start bingeing some 'Trek series... think I'll start on the 2nd season of "Picard".
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Movies & TV   -   #818
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The Old Man caught my eye in a preview. I will have to give it a viewing soon. Thanks for the recommendation and reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Movies & TV   -   #819
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...le-1235165272/

I can't help but believe that was God getting back at him for RIPD.

10. Movies & TV   -   #820
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Okay, A quick mention... "The Old Man"... I really enjoyed it and feel it's off to a good start!

I finally got around to viewing "Everything Everywhere All at Once" ...probably not everyone's cup of tea when it comes multiverses, but I enjoyed it immensely!

(Perhaps it was just... my state of mind ...when viewing this film, but I think I feel an Oscar nomination of some kind in it's future.)

As a comedy series... "The Outlaws" was a scream... and made me think back to an age of shoveling curbs in NJ, showing my mates how to fish gonzo style in the Delaware river on our lunch breaks. True Story... good times.

Honorable mentions for me lately are: "Tehran", "Night Sky", "Shining Girls", "The Offer" and a few more. Guess it's time to start bingeing some 'Trek series... think I'll start on the 2nd season of "Picard".
    +1 for The Old Man. Tehran will be next for me.

I do like the new Star Trek: Strange New Worlds show. If you have not watched it, yet, you might also want to consider Star Trek Continues.