Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Finally starting to watch Justified. Not certain I can endure the 'modern cowboy' theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #82
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    World’s Most Evil Killers

Joachim Georg Kroll
    A profile of the ghastly German serial killer who hunted and ate parts of his victims, earning him the title of the 'Ruhr Cannibal'.

Marc Dutroux
    Profiling the Belgian serial killer, convicted for kidnapping, torturing and sexually abusing six victims until his arrest in 1996.

John Wayne Gacy
    One of the most prolific serial killers in US history, John Wayne Gacy was a well liked member of his community who secretly killed 33 boys and young men.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

3. Movies & TV   -   #83
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Finally starting to watch Justified. Not certain I can endure the 'modern cowboy' theme.
    Sometimes there is an almost a Breaking Bad vibe to the show. It also has some of the best dialogue on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    One of the most prolific serial killers in US history, John Wayne Gacy was a well liked member of his community who secretly killed 33 boys and young men.
    If he secretly killed them how come we all know about it then?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-16-2019 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #84
    Sometimes there is an almost a Breaking Bad vibe to the show. It also has some of the best dialogue on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    If he secretly killed them how come we all know about it then?
    I'll keep pushing forward with it.

I suspect Gacy wasn't overly popular among his victims. It's all fun and spooky clowns until someone gets stabby and rapey.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #85
    Over 500,000 'Game of Thrones' fans sign petition for remake of season 8

"This series deserves a final season that makes sense," the petition says.

May 16, 2019, 6:45 AM PDT / Updated May 16, 2019, 11:59 AM PDT
    By Elisha Fieldstadt
    Spoiler: Show

6. Movies & TV   -   #86
    A world in which more people are motivated to sign a petition about some wank TV series than about important social issues deserves to die in a maelstrom of fake dragon fire.

7. Movies & TV   -   #87
    A world in which more people are motivated to sign a petition about some wank TV series than about important social issues deserves to die in a maelstrom of fake dragon fire.
    Over 350k more signed the petition for a redo of season 8 than are against children in cages, tearing families apart, and insulin price hikes.

8. Movies & TV   -   #88
    I miss Shay. I hope I'm not developing a soft spot for warmongers.

9. Movies & TV   -   #89
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Great British Railway Journeys

A BBC documentary series presented by Michael Portillo. It premiered in 2010 on BBC Two, and has returned every year for a total of ten series. The series features Portillo travelling around the railway networks of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man, referring to an 1840s copy of Bradshaw's Guide, comparing how the various destinations have changed since Victorian times.

Carlisle to Penrith
    Joining the cracker packers of Carlisle on the factory floor, Michael really takes the biscuit as he investigates the Victorian appetite for the custard cream on his new journey through north-west Britain.
    Braving a perilous descent into the only operational slate mine in England, Michael discovers a miniature railway which once hauled slate to the surface. Following in the footsteps of Victorian miners on their way to work, he steps out gingerly on to what is now Britain's only Via Ferrata - a terrifying tightrope challenge 300 feet above the Borrowdale Valley.

Windermere to Carnforth
    Michael continues his journey through the Lake District where he discovers a magical world of talking rabbits, ducks, hedgehogs and mice, who have entertained children for more than 100 years. At the village home of author and illustrator Beatrix Potter, Michael learns about her legacy and her fears about the railways.
    Fuelled by a Victorian energy bar, Michael presses on to Brantwood, home of the Victorian art critic John Ruskin. He finishes with a brief encounter at Carnforth.
    Last edited by dion09529; 05-18-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

10. Movies & TV   -   #90
    The last couple episodes of Warrior have made me think that Jason Tobin has for charisma, talent, and star potential than Andrew Koji. Thoughts?

Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast