Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Started Getting Emails From FST

I have been receiving hundreds of emails the last couple of days from FST when someone posts a response to a thread I have responded to.

How do I stop it. And why did it start in the first place. I didn't change anything.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    yeah, me 2. Plz halp

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Every so often something shakes loose. I am now getting notifications of all the PMs I've been getting for the last few months/years...

Check your site settings. There should probably be a switch that says something along the line of "get notifications of new posts in subscribed threads". Just switch that to no. I suspect not much you can do about the past, though.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    I'm getting bombarded with new post notifications too... specifically from the Welcome-**READ-THIS** thread. I unsubscribed from the thread but I'm still getting dozens of mails a day from it. I'll keep looking to see if there is some other switch I can turn off to stop them.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    My guess is that something was fuckered with the mail server (remember how password recovery worked rarely and then not at all?), it got fixed, and now it's trying to "catch up" with all the mail it didn't send.

I have already notified RealitY about this. I can also turn off e-mail notifications in your profiles and delete all your thread subscriptions if you like, although I don't know if that will retroactively stop the avalanche
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    My guess is that something was fuckered with the mail server (remember how password recovery worked rarely and then not at all?), it got fixed, and now it's trying to "catch up" with all the mail it didn't send.
    I have already notified RealitY about this. I can also turn off e-mail notifications in your profiles and delete all your thread subscriptions if you like, although I don't know if that will retroactively stop the avalanche
    I actually got a slew of them on my Cell Phone?? It does happen occasionally, they slip through. I have even gone into my direct ISP email and marked a bunch of them spam and it keeps them away for a while, but occasionally they do show up again no matter what settings you set....

On another note....

What the heck happened to your status chicken shit Anon?? Did you get demoted. I hope all is well with your family buddy and everything worked out/healthy...

Shay

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    What the heck happened to your status chicken shit Anon?? Did you get demoted. I hope all is well with your family buddy and everything worked out/healthy...
    Everything's okay mate, I simply changed my stars' color back to blue because I liked it more

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    I changed notifications setting, and not helping. Hit with over 800 emails. They all go to junk folder, but sometimes good emails end up in junk.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    I hope I found the solution.
    Under settings -> general settings -> go to Default Thread Subscription Mode : no subscription
    will try it now

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    I changed notifications setting, and not helping. Hit with over 800 emails. They all go to junk folder, but sometimes good emails end up in junk.
    I have just mass-deleted all the thread subscriptions in your account. Please let me know if that helped, in which case others can go here to do it manually, or ask me for it in exceptional cases (i.e. hundreds of automatic subscriptions).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast