Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POP or Hip Hop?, which is Your Best and Few reasons.

Question Mark

pop-vs-Hiphop.jpg
    They say Pop is Dead and Hip Hop has taken over, lots of views and controversies. For me I pick Hip Hop. Lets hit the road and know which is preferable.

2. Music   -   #2
    Both suck!

3. Music   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Both suck!
    That's unfair. There's good and bad in everything except this forum.

Me I'm more curious who says Pop is dead because Pop literally means popular.

For Pop to be dead that would mean that popular isn't popular anymore and I don't watch anywhere near enough Black Mirror to begin to understand how that's possible.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Music   -   #4
    I can't think of anything good from either one.

5. Music   -   #5

6. Music   -   #6
    I don't consider Elton John pop music. I would categorize him as soft rock.

N.W.A is rap.

7. Music   -   #7
    Elton John in his early work was more rock oriented but I would argue that it was simply because that was the lane Pop music was in at the time just like now it's lane tends toward Urban or people with no talent. There is no way that I'm Still Standing is Rock music of any type. Geez there are many songs labelled Country that are far more Rock than sorry shit like that.

As for Rap vs Hip Hop besides white people basically universally considering to be one in the same thing I will yield to those who actually might know what they are talking about ... https://www.ebony.com/entertainment/...p-hip-hop-798/

In closing I resolve we simply enjoy stuff and leave the labelling to people with nothing better to do.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-22-2019 at 12:20 PM.

8. Music   -   #8
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Elton John in his early work was more rock oriented but I would argue that it was simply because that was the lane Pop music was in at the time just like now it's lane tends toward Urban or people with no talent. There is no way that I'm Still Standing is Rock music of any type. Geez there are many songs labelled Country that are far more Rock than sorry shit like that.

Country??

By the way great classic movie as well

Hip Hop and RnB/Pop!!!!

And a amazing song to blast in the backyard summer fun

Last edited by shaina; 05-22-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Music   -   #9

10. Music   -   #10
    Like everything category of music is greatly influenced by the perception of the time you talk about it in. You can look at Billboard who devides and defines lots of categories, that others blend into one. As said really depends on your perspective on who is defining it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast