Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: File Extensions

I have just downloaded a 698MB file which has a .exe extension. I have checked the file to make sure that it is not infected by any virus and it is OK. However when I come to run the program nothing happens, I mean I don't even get an error message.

Could someone tell me what the problem is?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    is the full file extension *.iso.exe?

if so you can take off the *.exe portion and mount the *.iso file with a program called daemon tools

more info on mounting and images can be found on the forum
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    no, the file is just an .exe extension. I have tried to rename the extension to various other extensions including .iso and .zip that hasn&#39;t worked out either.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    what&#39;s the filename and where did you get it from?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    If it&#39;s realy an .exe and nothing happens the file you&#39;ve d/l-ed may be corrupted. Just to be sure uncheck the Hide known files extensions and check again. (dunno if it&#39;s called that way, it&#39;s in Folder options, View (second if the name is wrong) tab.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    try extracting the file with winrar.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Posting more info would help a lot. What were you trying to download? What&#39;s the filename? Where did you get it from?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    internet.news
    Originally posted by mozabar@27 November 2003 - 01:06
    I have just downloaded a 698MB file which has a .exe extension. I have checked the file to make sure that it is not infected by any virus and it is OK. However when I come to run the program nothing happens, I mean I don&#39;t even get an error message.

use norton antivirus - if there is a virus being downloaded normally
    norton gives you a message and take the file in quarantine during download&#33;

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by internet.news+27 November 2003 - 15:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news &#064; 27 November 2003 - 15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mozabar@27 November 2003 - 01:06
    I have just downloaded a 698MB file which has a .exe extension. I have checked the file to make sure that it is not infected by any virus and it is OK. However when I come to run the program nothing happens, I mean I don&#39;t even get an error message.

use norton antivirus - if there is a virus being downloaded normally
    norton gives you a message and take the file in quarantine during download&#33; [/b][/quote]
    But he said that he checked the file and it&#39;s clean.

I assume that the file is crrupted and needs to be redownloaded or it&#39;s somekind of a fake. I had such problems, though with smaller (200-300 MB) files.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Sorry for the slowness in responding to you all....

The file that I have downloaded is called flt-halo.exe. When I was downloading it the size showed up as 715,534KB. Now that the file s is downloaded if I click on the propertise, it says that the size of the file is 698MB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast