Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Usenet Providers

Everything is available, but you need to be in one of those "do not mention our name on plebbit" and "we edit our nzbs to track and ban you for leaking them" invite ony indexers.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Maybe the useworld needs a gentlemen's agreement where secret groups' NZBs remain secret (or group-use-only) for a set time. Say 8 hours, 12 hours? After that, they would be fair game for sharing. After all, sharers are not the enemy, are they?

Otherwise, I suppose the next escalation would be to re-edit (or strip out extraneous info from) NZB's before sharing.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    You can load an NZB in many NZB download apps and then export the queue to created a new NZB.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Piggy-backing on this thread... Is it just me or has the propagation of NZBs/files gone to shit this past weekend, if not even in the days before? Can't find half the stuff I see on P2P in the newsgroups, and what I find is very slow and mostly doesn't cover all the versions (SD/HD/etc).

City on a Hill s01e02 or Deep State s02e08 is still not available, for example, and I can't find SD releases as much as I used to...
    There has been slow-downs like this many times before. Maybe someone went on vacation. The changing of the seasons can have an effect (good weather, fewer posts).
    Last edited by MacGyverSG1; 06-27-2019 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    I use indexers mostly and have not noticed anything odd but I'm all automated with Sonarr and everything is getting downloaded.

To go back to the original topic; I'm not sure why being vague about servers is important there's only a handful left really, Omicron being the giant, Giganews next and then the smaller tier ones of which I highly recommend you support to keep all of usenet from being a monopoly; Vipernews, UsenetExpress, & Usenet Farm being the 3 that are newer and working well.
    Both reddits have extensive provider maps in the wikis and the companies are not trying to fly under the radar. Indexers are a different matter lol.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Pointing out the Usenet providers that still allow access to files that have been taken down (or blocked), makes them a target.

I sure the DMCA knows who's who, anyways. But, let's not help them out.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3734439 may help those who want to "clean up" or edit NZB files.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3734439 may help those who want to "clean up" or edit NZB files.
    I downloaded the provided file from 2014. AVG Free said:

"Object name";"[redacted]\nzbedit.zip:\nzbedit\nzbedit.exe"
    "Detection name";"Trojan horse BackDoor.Hupigon5.BTLI"
    "Object type";"file"
    "SDK Type";"Core"
    "Result";"Infected"
    "Action history";""

Of course I've seen before a perfectly good exe from days of yore get labeled malware years later. So, which is it?

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    The files are compressed as-is from a program install (I have lost the actual installer) and I never spotted malicious behavior from it, so it must be a false positive.

In any case, NZBs are merely XML files, so they can also be altered with any text editor
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    I use notepad.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    That is not enough. They inject custom part segment into every nzb per user. You will notice all these nzbs will have 99.9% completion, never 100%. To be safe you need 2 accounts and run a diff. Even then you can be busted by correlating side-channel data points.
    Last edited by NameUser; 06-30-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast