Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Usenet Providers

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I dumped them years ago. Current stuff was taken down quickly; long-term retention of old stuff sucked. Not worth the money...
    Same for me. I went to NewsHosting after Giganews. Then I switched to AstraWeb. AstraWeb was great until they stopped accepting PayPal. But, I guess their quality went downhill at that time also.

2. Newsgroups   -   #42
    supernews has always been solid for me

3. Newsgroups   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I dumped them years ago. Current stuff was taken down quickly; long-term retention of old stuff sucked. Not worth the money...
    Same for me. I went to NewsHosting after Giganews. Then I switched to AstraWeb. AstraWeb was great until they stopped accepting PayPal. But, I guess their quality went downhill at that time also.
    Any particular reason you switched from Newshosting? Been thinking of switching to them for a while and will be changing soon from Giganews to a new service to save a bit of cash (sorry folks, but yep I'm on of 'them!')

4. Newsgroups   -   #44
    Frugal - https://frugalusenet.com/ - is a good option too

5. Newsgroups   -   #45
    Tweaknews?

6. Newsgroups   -   #46
    Newsgroupdirect is very good and has high retention. You can buy blocks of data that don't expire.

7. Newsgroups   -   #47
    I like Supernews as well.

Also free-usenet for the block accounts.
    Last edited by johnstone3332; 09-09-2019 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Newsgroups   -   #48
    used to have tweaknews, then they changed quite a bit and switched over to usenet farm. Have their block account which seems to work well enough

9. Newsgroups   -   #49
    Newshosting. Retention is great, takedowns not so much.

10. Newsgroups   -   #50
    I find usenetserver ok and have the 12 monthly payment works out quite cheap. The vpn provided free is also good.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast