Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computer Case

Poster
    i need to know yalls opinion on the best case that is atx form factor becuz thats the type of mobo i bought. i think i need around a 350 watt power supply and i only have about $50 left for a case, so what do yall recommend as a good case for 50 bucks?

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Seems to me that almost all of the aftermarket cases are ATX compliant.

Your post is ambiguous...Does the $50 cover both case and PSU?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i would go for a case thats got plenty of room for air flow and also easy access and assembly with the biggest psu you can find for the money. it may pay you to buy a case without psu and got to e-buyer for a good price on psu's

here's my type of case, it aint the best lookin but so easy to work with and i just upgraded the psu to a 500watt Jeantech

edit.. added link to e-buyer and changed link to jeantech site

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    at newegg.com i can find a case that comes with apower supply for $43, but im not sure if it is good. it is an Aspire case.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    boyzee,

A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you completely. Your logic was what lead me to purchase the full tower case that I have now.

Today, I would have to disagree.
    Now I think that the smallest case that will hold your present hardware, and leave you some room for extra drives, is the way to go.

The smaller the case, the easier to establish a reasonable airflow without resorting to a lot of fans spinning at high rpms.

At least that is my feeling today...in two weeks, who knows?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yeh you probably right! I not really had the time to get into o/clockin but ive seen the pics of yours and been keeping tabs on ya progress and im impressed, when i got time to build my next system i wanna really push the bugger and you the man i will be buggin for tips! i just like the ease of the jeantech case, it was a pleasure to put together, i use the same sort of case in most of the pc's i build, unless of course someone i building for wants something else and i do a lot of repair work so im always opening my bench pc to put suspect h/drives and cdroms etc to test them and it is just so easy! lift a handle and your in!

edit...i should have just said your right instead of probably right! lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Not sure I agree with the case size debate.
    The bigger the better I say. More room for heat to dissipate before being ventilated. (noise issues not withstanding)

Outside of that, I would think, "a $40-50 case with power supply?" Probably a cheaply built power supply. Check if it is name brand(e.g. Enermax). If not, buy it separately. The cost will be negligible.(and well worth it)

I'd like to hear the end of the story.

Good luck.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    alright i think this is what im going to sit on and buy. plz can i get some suggestions on if it is good and will last me for a year. will everything work well together and will the 350 watt power supply be good?

MAXTOP Black CSX147KBF-WIN Intel P4 Ready 7-bay ATX 350WPower Supply. Mid Tower PC CASE - RETAIL

CRUCIAL MICRON 256MB 32x64 PC 2700 DDR RAM - OEM(2)

Biostar Motherboard for AMD Athlon/AthlonXP/Duron processors Model# M7NCD PRO Retail.

AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ "Barton" 333 FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL

This will equal out to $300.99(including shipping)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by volskid2002@22 November 2003 - 20:38
    CRUCIAL MICRON 256MB 32x64 PC 2700 DDR RAM - OEM(2)

AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ "Barton" 333 FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL
    Does that mean you’re getting two Ram chips the ( OEM (2) ), I mean.
    If it does cool, you need at least 512.

The 2500 Bartons are good chips, been running one for a while now, I'd recommend them to anyone.

This system should last you long than a year, although in a year’s time, you will probably want to upgrade.
    With me, it's about every 2 to 3 months, and in-between the upgrades are the modifying of the PC. Once the bug bites you it never goes away.

Today I spend half a day trying to mod my bios, so the epa logo would be replaced with a picture I made, turns out my mobo won't support that, all it will do is leave the space blank instead of adding the new pic. Which sucks, I really wanted to switch pics. Ahh well, from what I've read only certain mobos will allow it, guess mine doesn't, but the next one will, I will make sure before I buy it, it will support the epa switch.

Anyway, have fun..
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Does that mean you’re getting two Ram chips the ( OEM (2) ), I mean.
    If it does cool, you need at least 512.
    yes this does mean that im getting 2 sticks of 256=512

i hope to get under this project right away B)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast