Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Roxio Over-burn

Originally posted by Agent Smith+28 November 2003 - 02:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith &#064; 28 November 2003 - 02:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-KrackHead2k@27 November 2003 - 18:32
    Is that possible?
    No he is just making crap up.[/b][/quote]
    it is possible with easy cd and dvd creator6, its called drag to disc and it uses a cdr as a floppy, it will only be recognised in a cd burner until it is closed i still dont see how its poss to get such a huge amount on one disc, perhaps when it was writing the disc info it just put the total size of the files he dragged to it but didnt actually write that amount, ive had discs stuff up at the start of burn process just after writing disc info and it aborts, nothing has actually been written to it yet but the properties of the disc say that it is full. i dont think that there actually is that amount on his disc it just says so i dont think he is lying at all, its just one of those " i cant believe it, i gotta share this with everyone" sorta things

chill people, chill

from roxio site faq&#39;s

Drag-to-Disc

Q. What is Drag-to-Disc?
    A. Drag-to-Disc, formerly known as DirectCD, is a powerful application that allows users to easily record data to CD or DVD. Drag-to-Disc uses a technology that allows users to treat their recordable drive just like a floppy drive. Users can drag and drop files, rename, move, and delete files directly on the disc, as well as using the "Save As" command within many applications to save files or projects directly on to the disc.
    Q. What is new about Drag-to-Disc?
    A. The new Drag-to-Disc automatically formats the disc when inserted, in turn making this the most seamless, easiest way to store data on a recordable disc.
    Q. Can a user restore files from within Drag-to-Disc?
    A. A user can drag and drop files out of Drag-to-Disc, or cut and paste, just like they can with a floppy disc.
    Q. Doesn&#39;t Windows XP have similar drag-to-disc functionality? What&#39;s the difference?
    A. Windows XP has a "staging area" where files are stored before actually burning them to disc. This results in an additional step in the burning process. Because of the way XP burns to disc, more space is used by XP than Drag-to-Disc when saving files to disc.
    Q. Can a user record audio CDs with Drag-to-Disc?
    A. Drag-to-Disc is designed to record data files rather than audio tracks. Any audio files burned using Drag-to-Disc will be treated as data files.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #72
    sandycattz
    50 on skelley521......LMAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #73
    muchspl2
    thats not the type of drive he has VB
    but it is a possible, I was wrong, but HE didn&#39;t fit that much on one cd, I think boyzeee is right, some kind of index of some sort

4. Software & Hardware   -   #74
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by sandycattz@28 November 2003 - 02:53
    50 on skelley521......LMAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    i smell.....

ps - i&#39;ve used directcd before, but not with roxio, and the file properties were never accurate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #75
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by muchspl2@27 November 2003 - 22:00
    thats not the type of drive he has VB
    but it is a possible, I was wrong, but HE didn&#39;t fit that much on one cd, I think boyzeee is right, some kind of index of some sort
    I never said that he had that type of drive.

I will just keep an open mind about this until I test it for myself.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #76
    muchspl2
    good point

those new drives do look sassy

@pol

thats funny pic

7. Software & Hardware   -   #77
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+27 November 2003 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 27 November 2003 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@27 November 2003 - 14:16
    fact it&#39;s UMPOSSIBLE
    BLING BLING.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Detai...?RelatedID=2788

http://www.digital-sanyo.com/BURN-Proof/HD-BURN/

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-997817.html [/b][/quote]
    Where do you get ahold of this, is it out?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #78
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@27 November 2003 - 20:50
    This interests me, skelley521. You have used Direct CD in a way I have never tried. I always used them on CDRW discs. I also believe that the facts you are posting are as they appear on your PC.

I would be curious to see if you copied all the files from the CD onto your hard drive what capacity would it show then.

I will try some experiments concerning this subject.
    Just copied all the files back to my hard drive and windows reports it as the same size as I stated. One of the programs is Snagit 7 so I upgraded from 6 and it has a nice new interface and the quality is better.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #79
    BANNED
    i think i just lost plenty-o-money

10. Software & Hardware   -   #80
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+27 November 2003 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 27 November 2003 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@27 November 2003 - 14:16
    fact it&#39;s UMPOSSIBLE
    BLING BLING.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Detai...?RelatedID=2788

http://www.digital-sanyo.com/BURN-Proof/HD-BURN/

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-997817.html [/b][/quote]
    Thats hella dum only those people with that drive can read it. If you made a VCD it would not work.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast