Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my 32" lcd tv and it's kicking ass...

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Now I have to return the damn thing because the image gets all wavy but I only notice it in 1080i, in 720p I don't notice it. I plan on getting an HDMI-DVI cable, so I can hook up my computer, still but I would like some advice on which brand I should get (one online store I've seen 15 foot cables run at $15 and another I saw the same cable for $30 just different brand and I know Monster cables are complete rip-offs). Also I got the t.v. with a smashed in Cable Card input which I could deal with since I don't even have cable in my room just a little annoying. Hopefully when Phillips ships me a new tv, they don't fuck it up during shipping, I won't bother with repairing it. I've got a pic of my badass setup in my sig if ne one is interested in seeing it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    nice setup, but your camera sucks, and I never knew you were a skinny kid. Is that a camera phone?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    that's pretty sweet! i'm currently looking into lcd tv's too for my consoles and my pc. i just don't have any knowledge of them so i don't know what to look for really. lcd tv's are what u want especially for pc's, no? also, running a lcd tv for consoles are good? i mean, lets say running lcd with even nintendo 64? the picture is good? no blurryness or what not? idk. anyway, lol, small room, but nonetheless it's nice looking.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I'd like a TV like that.
    Except...
    You got this thing with broken components/defective display and you're going to reorder the same thing from the same people?

Hope springs eternal I guess.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    I'd like a TV like that.
    You want one with broken components/defective display?

It takes all sorts I guess.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    I'd like a TV like that.
    You want one with broken components/defective display?
    Yes, but in black please.

It takes all sorts I guess.
    Just so.
    Which explains Rush Limbaugh perhaps.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    nice setup, but your camera sucks, and I never knew you were a skinny kid. Is that a camera phone?
    Yep, it's my Razr camera.

@mr. nails - in both the hdtv's we have (a Visio and my Philips), both are amazing picture quality in anything you plug into them. N64 would look good I'm sure (brightness and color quality wise). And with the 32" in my room, I can watch the t.v. all the way from my door where my computer is now and it's still very bright and visible thanks to the high contrast ratio and the 8ms response time is nice for games anything higher is a little noticable ghosting when you are gaming of coarse.

@clocker - I'm going to hope to god I get a working one from Philips.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 05-19-2006 at 02:26 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Mmmm looks sweet lol, just wait until first week of june I'll post some pics of my room (It's still hella messy and unorganized and chances are it still will be when i take the pics lol, i have to get my exams out of the way first tho), you'll see how crazy my room is (at least to me lol).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    so, is there any kind of special cables or what not u need in order to use a lcd hdtv? right out of the box u can hook up ur pc and/or consoles and they work? also, say u have a movie on ur pc and it has sub-titles. can u read and do the sub-titles look good on a lcd hdtv? i ask cuz i've heard that when u have sub-titles on ur pc and u use a s-video cable from pc to tv either u can't read the subs or they just look VERY crappy.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I wouldn't mind one of those!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast