Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera

Originally posted by Ariel_001@28 December 2003 - 16:19
    Whatever it is, I am convinced it is not the RIAA screwing up the tracks. KaZaA is downloading them wrong somehow

I don`t think so. If that were the case then this problem would have show up a long time ago.
    Well maybe not KaZaA then, but if the RIAA are gonna screw up a song - why only add the screeching noise to the song halfway through for 1 second?

And can anyone provide an explanation for why the screeching disappears when put on a CD?

2. Music   -   #62
    Originally posted by Suction Testicle Man@28 December 2003 - 23:07

And can anyone provide an explanation for why the screeching disappears when put on a CD?
    because....

to burn an mp3 to a cd-rom it needs to be converted to
    and audio track. The software that you are using is probably
    cutting the bad sections out.

and if it isnt cutting out the bad parts it probably won't
    convert that section to anything but blank noise.

3. Music   -   #63
    RanzigeRidder
    Life would be so much easier if people stopped sharing the music files with the screeching noises, I sometimes encounter a file that has been shared by more than 100 users which is crap. This means there are a lot of people downloading these crappy files and never listen to it, or don't delete them.
    Personally I always listen to the tracks I have downloaded and if I encounter any abnormalities in it I immediately trash the file from my shared folder, if everybody could just do this. What is the sense in keeping this shit on your computer anyway it only takes up space!

4. Music   -   #64
    urwhack323
    ok one thing is i've downloaded the song "fuck it (don't want u back)" like ten times i've tried all the different kinds and i don't get one good one! and who the hell r the RIAA??!! i hate them even tho i don't know who they r lol. i still need to know how to get rid of the screeching noises!

5. Music   -   #65
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Originally posted by john27374@28 November 2003 - 04:18
    Is there any effective way to weed out the bad files in kazaa lite? I've heard that setting Integrity Rating to "Excellent" can usually solve the problem of screeching mp3s, but is it really that effective?

Couldn't the kazaa makers solve this whole problem by checking the entire file, rather than just the beginning?
    haha you idiot....

6. Music   -   #66
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    We could try to keep them Idiotic remarks away from here, could we?
    It is not really hard, there's not really a reason for name-callings etc.
    I know it sucks to get a bad files but we dont need to be Nasty about it.

Personally, i've yet to find a Screetzy mp3.
    I have found Albums wrongly Tagged or missing songs,
    but its a small price of gettin a cool collection.

I think it is a matter of where to look and what apps to use.

Peace:
    -GS-
    Spoiler: Show

7. Music   -   #67
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    i am with you on the screeching mp3 GS i have never found one myself i have found looped songs before though

8. Music   -   #68
    I don't think the screeching is a major problem.

I've only had a couple in 2 years.

But there again I don't download that many songs.

I never bought any CD's before, I used to tape LP's (vynl)

It is far too dear at $ 20 for a Cd, I only used to buy the for presents for my old man etc.

There are usally only one or 2 good tracks on a CD.

I bought Led Zeppelin way back on Vynl, then they want me to buya casette, and now a CD or DVD.

I also pay for it evry time I listen to a song on the radio ! (they pay royalties you know) and when I watch TV !

So that's enough - Paul McCartney makes millions a year from his song writing so he wont miss a few bucks from the RIAA.

Yes delete any screechers or half downloaded tracks.

Annd stop ripping at 127 etc. Always use a common format please ! no wma !
    Fuck Bill Gates also !

DG
    NZ
    What color is your Adkaf ?

9. Music   -   #69
    jarulepainislove
    Has any one compared a normal song to an infected song (same song) via notepad?

It seems there adding extra () into the track i've deleted these and the song played normal...Just got bored figured i'd try it out...!

10. Music   -   #70
    That is very interesting.
    I have had screeching tracks and also tracks that sort of chirped or burbled in a few spots. I think the chirping tracks were badly ripped. Recently though, I've had two really odd experiences. The first involved trying to download the bonus disc of the Beatles Anthology DVD. Each chapter would have hundreds of users but I could never get a transfer rate above .05 Kbs. I have DSL and I tried all hours of the day and night. The other odd thing is the Tracks Of Death. These tracks play fine but if you select the file it crashes Explorer. This is more than a little creepy and makes it a pain to delete the file as it can only be selected as part of a group of files (draw a box around them all).
    I can come up with my own conspiracy theories about this but if anyone knows anything or has any good guesses about this I'd love to know.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast