Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera

Out of The Ordinary
    You can find Part I here

Please discuss strange sound, screeching music files (mostly mp3's) in this thread.

If You're looking for full complete albums I suggest that You download SoulSeek, there's already a thread about SoulSeek here.

You can find a guide for making high quality mp3 files here.

This post will be edited from time to time.

Thanks,
    BOT

2. Music   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    What happened to the 40 pages of screeching mp3s
    just curious did it have to do with the server or database cleaning out??

3. Music   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by 7thElement (Our new Admin) in private room
    If there is a post with a lot of replies (1000 or more) then it can overload the server because the server does load every single post into the RAM and just shows X posts per page - This means that if there is a 1000 posts topic and a user does only read the latest addiotion it does still load all 1000 into the ram.

Normally posts don't get that big but I think it would be better to do some "Part I" / "Part 2" / "Part 3" etc stuff with huge topics.

If a topic reaches more than 2500 posts then it is over anyway if 10 people browse (PHPBB developer told me that in a chat) cause then 10 users use more or less all available resources.
    This is the reason why I'm starting a new thread about this, You can find the first part here.

BOT

4. Music   -   #4
    OK cheers thought so dam i can see about 3 threads in musicworld ready to start fresh

5. Music   -   #5
    dadadadadadadad
    Every "missing by evanescence, new version heard on the radio" i download, has that fucking ANNOYING dial up modem "tun tin tun" sound on it!!!

6. Music   -   #6
    read our soulseek thread

7. Music   -   #7
    Is there any effective way to weed out the bad files in kazaa lite? I've heard that setting Integrity Rating to "Excellent" can usually solve the problem of screeching mp3s, but is it really that effective?

Couldn't the kazaa makers solve this whole problem by checking the entire file, rather than just the beginning?

8. Music   -   #8
    umm the kaza makers dotn check the files

9. Music   -   #9
    OK got board last night and started downloading mp3s off kazaa to test out a few things heres the interesting part...

I never got a screeching file but it seems like screeching isn't a problem you Can cancel it imminently coz you know its f*cked up, however what I did download was looped files, which kids adults who haven't heard the song don't realize it is looped ans share it and it spreads easy so once again its the users fault.

they a perfect clean smooth lops too but you don't need much brains to know its looped when your like me and you loop music everyday for production radio you tend to know when you hear a loop

10. Music   -   #10
    i just started on this hypothesis but here goes. Has anyone gotten a corrupted song thats was a windows media file?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast