Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Medical advice needed.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    PS.. Again not to get into detail, my wife was given bags and bags of Potassium (Actually very dangerous and it is poison!!), afterwards she was told to eat bananas, but when you check your sugar content, it skyrockets!!!, so your body solves one thing yet it causes another?? So i did some more studying to try to find an alternative on something that would give you potassium without the side effect of high sugars...
    Do you know what that alternative is??
    Beans. There are many kinds so not hard to find something palatable. Also not all sugars are created equal. Fructose, the sugar in fruit is way down on the glycemic index scale and so doesn't raise your blood sugar much so they don't tend to promote weight gain. ie melons are high in potassium and good for you and bananas aren't that bad either. Mainly avoid processed food, sucrose and like the proverb says "all things in moderation".
    Sugar from fruit gets absorbed slowly because of the fiber in fruit. If you drink fruit juice (fiber is absent), your blood sugar will spike. The same as drinking soda.

Unfortunately a lot of the things we were taught about food and health over the last 70 years is wrong. The food industry spends a lot of money to keep it that way.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    In other news, I'm fairly sure I have a major mental problem.
    Not really, and i don't think that at all, I do think everything does help, but funny you could say bloodline/genes also have factors, plus really Idol, and the truth, i do think that whatever is watching us from above has something to do with it

To speak of something terrible!!!!.. How does a 13 year active, healthy, smart child get Brain Cancer?? Or a guy that eats right and jogs up-teen miles a day and goes to his house league baseball game and drops dead from a massive heart attack??
    Really being in a dark room feeling hopeless and having all your emotions come to a head and the only thing you can do is look up and speak your case, to something, trying to get some sort of reply, but it never comes, but maybe in my case it came in a positive result. Again i just don't know Idol...

But i do know that getting food poison is not fun either.....
    Unfortunately young kids get cancer. In most of those cases it was probably passed on from parents. If both parents have a recessive gene for a disease, there's a chance one of their offspring will get the disease.

The guy that eats right and exercises and drops dead of a heart attack... 1. He's probably not really eating "right". If he is, then 2. it could be drugs (legal or illegal), or 3. an oral hygiene problem. Check out the documentary "Root Cause".

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    If I ate say a large dominos pizza complete with sides or say even a large Chinese meal and then immediately threw up out of my asshole/violent diarrhea. Have I still consumed the thousands of calories or does that reset the clock and allow for more food to be consumed?
    Like Idol said, if you poop the food out, it has been digested and you have consumed the calories.

If you are looking to lose weight, stop consuming sugar and dairy. Unfortunately almost everything on the supermarket shelves has sugar in it. Sugar is cheap and addictive and most people like sweet foods/drinks. That's why food manufacturers put it in everything.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Can't live forever, so you might as well enjoy yourself.

Anyway I heard a quote the other day - People aren't living longer, they're dying longer.

So there's something to look forward to...

5. Lounge   -   #35
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    True, too.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Can't live forever, so you might as well enjoy yourself.

Anyway I heard a quote the other day - People aren't living longer, they're dying longer.

So there's something to look forward to...
    The problem with that thinking is by the time you get into your 40's and 50's you have the health of a 70-80 year old. Dying longer, indeed. People wonder why healthcare is so expensive in the US (besides the usual culprits).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234