Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secure Connection Failed

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...ajor-browsers/

Since this forum only supports TLS 1.0, we'll be seeing a lot of these threads in the near future... or not, considering people won't be able to access it at all with modern browsers.
    I use Firefox ESR 52.9.0 on Windows XP, and it was in the NZB section that the issue came up, not in the Forum section. As noted, the problem went away after say an hour. It has not recurred. But if it eventually helps people who use up-to-date browsers (such as I do on the Other Computer), I'm glad I chimed in. Thanks to all for their contributions.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That's the spirit. After all it is your mother's greatest wish that even though you and I aren't bound by blood, you may find it in your heart to one day look beyond that and be able to call me Dad.
    *Daddy!* Not dad. *Daddy!*

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg987 View Post
    I use Firefox ESR 52.9.0 on Windows XP, and it was in the NZB section that the issue came up, not in the Forum section.
    It's the same server
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Firefox is cutting the cord with TLS 1.0 support, a warning now shows up when you try and enter the site.

You have to agree and let firefox use TLS 1.0 or use chrome that doesn't do this yet.

Just wanted to point this out and see if other people have the same problem. using firefox 74

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Yeah, there was something like that the other day...

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Katjekatj
    This worked for me ,

Firefox about:config

Search for TLS

TLS-settings.png

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Thanks for posting! I was going to mention that before, but didn't have the latest Firefox on me (Tor Browser is based on the ESR version which doesn't show this behavior yet), so I had no means of testing whether changing the value worked or if it still existed at all.

--ssl-version-min=tls1 would be the Chrome equivalent, also configurable via chrome://flags and group policy. Once again completely untested by me and likely to be eventually removed in any case.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Just had that message pop up again...

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    filesharingtalk.com should no longer give outdated TLS errors. The subdomains that serve static content (images, scripts) are still being worked on. As a temporary workaround, you can add this to your hosts file.

Code:
    216.119.145.41 fststatic.com www.fststatic.com i.fststatic.com s.fststatic.com a.fststatic.com c.fststatic.com
    Last edited by anon; 07-23-2020 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added missing subdomain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12