Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemic

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I'm wearing versions of this. Because a mask is only as good as its seal, I have weather stripping along the upper portion near the cheeks, as well as a glasses keeper attached to the ear straps, which helps tighten it and relieve the pressure on my ears. Don't forget that the virus can enter through your eyes, so eye protection is very wise!...

Good to know...
    I have no idea what I have now. (Fingers crossed!)... tremors (I mean tremors!), vibrate like a tuning fork at 3am two nights in a row, feverish....fck, ya know the symptoms.

No sustained fever yet....
    Sounds like what I had, beginning of February - 48 hours before the fever broke, though; big tremors for a good bit of it.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #232
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    The end of the story…

With mass hysteria abounding I noticed yesterday my neighbor waving at me. I HAD to know, as I took this as good sign and moseyed over to what he called his “ranch”, (ya know the Michigan folks have a way with words.) …and after our brief greetings… I asked point blank why he had not returned my calls.

“I was embarrassed.” he said. Why? I asked. He said it was because in his frustration he had run out of gas as he was mowing you see. I saw his frustration or anguish, so being… (I oft times chide myself for being that way)… did my “good samaritan” deed, only to have him collapse in front of me. It was hot and yeah, this is Flo-re-duh. Much later he discovered the out of gas problem when he went retrieve his tractor and felt foolish. We shook hands… he asked me if I was doing fireworks again this year, as he saw me felling trees near the back of the farm entrance. I said yeah, but very limited and this was the first year had to stop or block access to my property. (Lawn chairs on the road our fine, but no closer is the rule of thumb this year.) Plus, most fireworks are legal in the whole state for the very first time on the 4th.

Another first time…

Yet, I had to verify further for my own piece of mind. These health issues were real to me. I called my physician yesterday and chatted up the receptionist* (more about her feelings later) and coerced her into letting me speak with my doctor, briefly explained my symptoms and he just asked if I had gone out during the heat heath alert emergency days. I said yes and he said, “Heat stroke or exhaustion… you’ll be fine.” ‘nuff said for me, I politely thanked him and ended our call.

*The receptionist unburdened herself to me and said, “She wished she was not there, She was tired of all this, She wished the doctors would just close it all up and that our governor should enact a state wide mandatory mask wearing order until we get over this outbreak." I always liked her.

So, the story goes.

@j2k4 you may have been right in some ways thanks.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-03-2020 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added Emoji & Other bits and bobs.

3. Lounge   -   #233
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    No more mowing lawns and dropping trees in the heat of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #234
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    No more mowing lawns and dropping trees in the heat of the day.

Ya got that right!
    No fireworks displays either. The beauty of living on a dead end street in BFE there are only a few neighbors to call... the fact it hasn't rained here all day, coupled

with the fact I wouldn't want anyone having the potential to get ill over something I did... ...they all said they understood given the current climate here. The amateurs will be out

and I wish them well.

Perhaps... some personal 'splosions for those that can't read the "Keep Out!" or "NO TRESSPASS!" signs, though one neighbor is a bit'o a prep-per, I'll just watch with the fire

extinguisher, close and me official looking deputy hat so everything stays safe.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-03-2020 at 11:29 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #235
    Once again (an annual thing), I am faced with either staying home to keep an eye on my idiot neighbors (plural) who get the uncontrollable urge to fire off a couple bottle rockets into the always-dry wooded area surrounding our houses OR I can go have a nice time with my family, but have the endless concern that one of them finally achieved their goal of burning everything to the ground.

Good gawd neighbors can suck.

Happy 4th to you all-- may you neither be the cause nor recipient of neighborhood flambe.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #236
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Once again (an annual thing), I am faced with either staying home to keep an eye on my idiot neighbors (plural) who get the uncontrollable urge to fire off a couple bottle rockets into the always-dry wooded area surrounding our houses OR I can go have a nice time with my family, but have the endless concern that one of them finally achieved their goal of burning everything to the ground.

Good gawd neighbors can suck.

Happy 4th to you all-- may you neither be the cause nor recipient of neighborhood flambe.
    Indeed! Yes to all! You and yours especially!

(So eloquently stated... as always!)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Lounge   -   #237
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Happy Insurrection Day as I used to tell my UK colleagues.

8. Lounge   -   #238
    Happy Inch Erection Day to you, too!

The way things are going here, I'd invite you to take us back, but you seem to be crumbling under Boris' incompetence. Let's enjoy our race to the bottom since it doesn't look like 'Great Again' is ever going to happen.

9. Lounge   -   #239
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Happy Insurrection Day as I used to tell my UK colleagues.
    And with any luck on Nov 3rd you'll win your independance over Russia too.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #240
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    July 1st was Canada d'eh? The date on which we annually celebrate not being Americans and snowmobiles.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast