Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dc++ Really Amazing Fast!

Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    can someone help me get the client and get connected, i have never used dc before.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Poster
    just let them bitch on their just missing one awesome p2p prog if u ask me
    Open your mind

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    look around in offical DC++ Discussion Forum - http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum/

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    smellycat's Avatar Egalitarian BT Rep: +3
    All my invites I give freely.

File sharing and invite sharing
    File trading and invite trading

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    DC++ is by far better than Kazaa and MUCH faster on average than emule/BT, or any p2p for that matter. But from the way most of the people in this thread have been bitching, I'm glad you aren't using DC++. Free up some of the 200+ KB/s slots next time I want a movie or something.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Originally posted by sam71@13 December 2003 - 22:47
    DC is the only program that got me started in p2p, its not the best well u see there is no such thing as best kind of like AMD vs Intel. Its like comparing apple to oranges.
    DC has amazingly rare stuff which make it worth it to use on occasion, it does not mean that it can stand on it on 2 feet without the other type of p2p like emule, BT, kazaa to compensake for it's weakness.
    Some who use it 24hrs a day say it the best, which imo is very biased. That we know is purely BS and just praising out of their own asses.
    Depends what you're looking for, things like warez are very good with DC while with movies or big filez it tend to suck because of the lack up good user with fast connection. I get really disappointed at the quality of the rare stuff as well, their really how can say crappy? and just something that you are really desperate for.
    You just gotta connect to a few of your favorite hubs that allow your sharesize and qeue up only the users with very good connections. Sooner than later the download will start and you will have a consistent speed throughout the night. When people say they use DC++ nonstop 24/7, it's true! If you leave your computer on with dc running uninterrupted, qeue up as many files as you want and they will be done amazingly fast.

Also, I don't understand how you can say the quality of the movies is less than stuff on BT/emule. Every VCD/SVCD/XVID release is abundant on DC, particularly the SVCD releases which most other p2p's lack.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    DC++ is safer {in my opinion} coz as far as i know, the riaa is not whatchin it, unlike kazza & imesh

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Originally posted by internet.news+27 November 2003 - 21:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 27 November 2003 - 21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare@27 November 2003 - 22:09
    to elitist for me.

amazed you can download anything with a dialup.
    yep, downloaded white stripes and foo foo fighters on dc++

and it seems that the download bargrows faster than in k++ although
    the speed was same 6KB/s [/b][/quote]
    may i ask what dc is?

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    No, you may not
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@7 January 2004 - 01:49
    No, you may not
    Open your mind