Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Kung Fu Anyone?

TRshady
    Hey people,

Today was my second lesson in Shaolin Kung Fu and can safely say its the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I always considered myself fit but I feel dead right, and kinda beaten up, thank god mums here to make me tea.

My knuckles are covered in blood, lol, had to do 100 knuckle push ups on a hard wooden floor and kicked/stampted on each time I struggled, had to do splits (well, not so harsh on this one, but still pushed me down, felt like my nuts were gonna rip and fall off. Then loads of other kicks, punches and stretches plus sitting in the chair posistion for over 10mins!

Just over 2 hours of non stop intense training, and instuctor says afterwards "Dont worry, its not usually this easy, just theres a lot of new people here today" .. and he wasn't joking! .... Dad wants to go sort him out ... wont get far

Thing is though, I have had so much fun in ages!. Can now kick true ass, am super strong and mentally fit, well, will be eventually ....

Anyway, reason Im writing this is because I want to know if anyone else does Shaolin Kung Fu here? ... would be nice to know someone in the same situation and give each other advice, see where we're at etc.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    I did judo, was good fun until I was fighting a girl on the mats(dont ask me why) and dislocated her shoulder. *Shrill* what a scream.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    yah i did it for 7yrs funny to hear yah complain but you got alot of training tell your instructer to show you lama fist ,or the 7 star kicks .
    the 7 star kicks are usaully trained in a closet becuz that's how your stance is pose to be as big as a closet also to ease the pain there's a juice you rub on jus like icey hot or just get icey hot and rub in, it works if you do before and after training also stretching everyday so your joints are use to stretching what helps too jus do the normal stuff you learn in school toe touchs and jus reaching yor toes
    jus some info for ya

bujub22

4. Lounge   -   #4
    i dont do kung fu

5. Lounge   -   #5
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by Rock Tonic Juice Magic@27 December 2003 - 21:10
    i dont do kung fu
    fascinating
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+28 December 2003 - 00:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 28 December 2003 - 00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rock Tonic Juice Magic@27 December 2003 - 21:10
    i dont do kung fu
    fascinating [/b][/quote]

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+28 December 2003 - 01:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 28 December 2003 - 01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rock Tonic Juice Magic@27 December 2003 - 21:10
    i dont do kung fu
    fascinating [/b][/quote]
    funny lol

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    you know kung fu?

show me....

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    i took kung fu for 2 years(not shaolin) and i really hated the knuckle push ups,wait till you do the fingertip ones.i really enjoyed it and even tho i am a big guy i can do a full split and it really improved my health quickness so enjoy it and have fun.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    wanna feel like a bad guy in a steven segal movie? take akido - our instructor was an arse and just liked 2 throw us and watch us fly - stupid fecker -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast