Hi,

i read some torrent clients using tracker groups. For example Transmission torrent client, during new torrent creating, it tells me that if i want to add backup tracker/s (i guess these will be used only if primary one is unreachable) then i should add it on a new line right after primary one. And if i want to create new tracker group, i should separate it by empty/blank line. So here is what i have in Transmission:

udp://9.rarbg.me:2710/announce

udp://explodie.org:6969/announce

udp://ipv4.tracker.harry.lu:80/announce

udp://p4p.arenabg.ch:1337/announce
udp://p4p.arenabg.com:1337/announce

udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce

udp://tracker.cyberia.is:6969/announce

udp://tracker.internetwarriors.net:1337/announce

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce

udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce

udp://tracker.torrent.eu.org:451/announce
you can see there is one group of two trackers where the second one is backup one. That is how i understand it.

My question regarding tracker groups is how good idea it is to use empty lines when creating torrent so the various torrent clients handle this properly and connect to as much trackers as possible at same time?

For example when i used the tracker list without empty lines, then it looks like Transmission connects only to a single tracker which i expect means risk of not connecting to some peers who are unable to connect to that particular tracker for some reason. But on other hand in qBittorrent if i remember correctly, it connects to all trackers even without new lines...

So in short, recommended approach is to use empty lines?