Thread: Things have changed around here

Question Mark

I'm suddenly seeing lots of password protected D/Ls and non English language D/Ls. The passwords are a pain when they work & the few that I downloaded and tried didn't unpack. The new trend in German films is also a problem if you don't speak German. This isn't the way it's been in all of the years I've been here.

Why the changes?

Can the NZBs & Password Protected D/Ls at least be marked with a language icon?

Thanks

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Seriously?!

You don't want to download a non-English movie, don't download it. Other people may want to. And they already are clearly marked so you don't get confused.

Snap1.jpg

All passwords to downloads, if needed, are provided. If you can't be bothered to click into the release posting and read the NFO or check the comments then that's on you.

You don't like what I upload then feel free to contribute yourself. Or go someplace else, FFS. I don't get paid enough to deal with entitled assholes.
    Last edited by Caballero; 08-14-2020 at 08:23 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    You don't like what I upload then feel free to contribute yourself. Or go someplace else, FFS. I don't get paid enough to deal with entitled assholes.
    I don't get an asshole vibe from him, but otherwise, you're right. Foreign-language stuff is labeled accordingly and passwords (where required) are given as the first comment of each NZB... no one can argue they were fooled.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Oh, I don't know... Maybe I spend too much time in r/EntitledBitch, but complaining about a free service that you contribute nothing to pretty much makes you look like an asshole in my book.
    Last edited by Caballero; 08-15-2020 at 01:29 PM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Funny how you (I) can sometimes look right past something like the language tag and not see it. Obviously since I asked if there could be one added, I did not see it. As for the passwords, I thought they were against the rules around here since there were none for the many years that I've been coming here. As I said, I tried to unpack 3 different downloads and SABNZB failed to open them with the passwords from the NFOs. I guess I need tech support. I'd actually be happy to contribute to the site but instead of asking nicely you gave me a tude so I'll have to think about that.

Thank you for your opinion anon. You don't give me that kind of vibe either...

Whatever happened to Sons of Liberty?

Cheers

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rupturedsk View Post
    Whatever happened to Sons of Liberty?
    Good question. I'm not in touch with him outside the forum. His last visit was on July 2017, and he didn't make any mentions of inactivity or retirement in the staff area prior to that.

My guess is that he got tired of posting free shit for us to download and moved on He and towerblocks were among the most active NZB posters back in the day.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Oh, I don't know... Maybe I spend too much time in r/EntitledBitch, but complaining about a free service that you contribute nothing to pretty much makes you look like an asshole in my book.
    Well said! If I didn't have a tradition of (mis)quoting Idol in my sigys, this would be a worthy quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    If I didn't have a tradition of (mis)quoting Idol in my sigys
    "I'm not gay, but $20 is $20" -- Idol[citation NOT needed]