Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a week, I tell ya... *does bad Rodney Dangerfield impression*

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Aug. 22: Dishwasher nearly catches fire, have to disconnect power as smoke started to fill kitchen

Aug. 23: Wife has stroke, spends few days in hospital, luckily only speech part of her brain affected

Aug. 23-28 Fought with severely plugged up basement toilet, once I gave up on the do-it-myself effort, roto rooter was not able to get it cleared for the usual $300 so we had to pay an additional $600

Aug. 23-28 (simultaneous) Ran myself ragged being a single dad with 2 kids, and a dog with a bladder infection (frequent pissing in house) and who chewed up bathroom door to the point of needing replacement

Aug. 31: Informed that my mother had been in hospital with failed pancreas, kidneys shut down, unlikely to regain consciousness, and her saliva was causing pneumonia. An hour after speaking with her doctor, I was informed that she had passed away. Donated her corneas about 30 minutes ago.

Hope everyone except Idol has had a better week!

I'm actually doing okay, just maxxed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    So sorry for your loss, but appreciate you being willing to donate her organ(s) and improve someone else's life.

Life will get better again.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Meg, your life is running parallel to my own.

I'm saying prayers for you, brother - prayers for all; best to your Missus, God's Embrace for your Mum.

Things have to improve, they absolutely have to.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Aug. 22: Dishwasher nearly catches fire, have to disconnect power as smoke started to fill kitchen

Aug. 23: Wife has stroke, spends few days in hospital, luckily only speech part of her brain affected

Aug. 23-28 Fought with severely plugged up basement toilet, once I gave up on the do-it-myself effort, roto rooter was not able to get it cleared for the usual $300 so we had to pay an additional $600

Aug. 23-28 (simultaneous) Ran myself ragged being a single dad with 2 kids, and a dog with a bladder infection (frequent pissing in house) and who chewed up bathroom door to the point of needing replacement

Aug. 31: Informed that my mother had been in hospital with failed pancreas, kidneys shut down, unlikely to regain consciousness, and her saliva was causing pneumonia. An hour after speaking with her doctor, I was informed that she had passed away. Donated her corneas about 30 minutes ago.

Sounds fucking awful, and very very sorry to hear about your loss

Still, every cloud...

At least you'll get some peace and quiet

5. Lounge   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Truly sorry to hear about your wife and your Mum. Try to remember that all the rest is just stuff. You can include the kids under "stuff". If you made two then you can probably always make more.
    Btw In Third World countries if their dishwasher catches fire usually they just have them roll around on the ground until the flames go out.

Annus horribilis. Rough translation. You are a horrible asshole.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I am so, so very sorry for you all my friend. My sincerest condolences.
    Last edited by Stehle; 09-01-2020 at 12:48 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I took a year of Latin in High School. Back in the day when there use to be schools.
    What I took away from all that time trying to conjugate a dead language was that my teacher Mrs Irving was hawt as fuck and that's about id.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    In dion's country when the toilet breaks, they just douse everything with holy water and pray for the dawn.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    So sorry for your loss, but appreciate you being willing to donate her organ(s) and improve someone else's life.

Life will get better again.
    Being asked to donate her corneas actually made the day seem a little less pointless and empty.

I told my boss yesterday that it really sucks using up all of the really good excuses for missing work all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Meg, your life is running parallel to my own.

I'm saying prayers for you, brother - prayers for all; best to your Missus, God's Embrace for your Mum.

Things have to improve, they absolutely have to.

My wife has made substantial gains in her speech. I described her as sounding like, "a cross between Porky Pig and William Shatner". Not only did I survive, but we had a good laugh.

May our parallels run into good fortunes and happiness-- although, I would honestly settle for uneventful and somewhat stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Sounds fucking awful, and very very sorry to hear about your loss

Still, every cloud...

At least you'll get some peace and quiet
    Thank you

Once my wife's condition improved a little, I told her that when I first learned that she couldn't speak, I thought, "I can live with that..."

Truly sorry to hear about your wife and your Mum. Try to remember that all the rest is just stuff. You can include the kids under "stuff". If you made two then you can probably always make more.
    Btw In Third World countries if their dishwasher catches fire usually they just have them roll around on the ground until the flames go out.

Annus horribilis. Rough translation. You are a horrible asshole.
    Thank you, Idol. You have a way with words...It's not a good one, buy a way, ntl...

JK Rowlings missed an opportunity in not using that as one of the spells in *Potter*.

Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    I am so, so very sorry for you all my friend. My sincerest condolences.
    Thank you, my friend. I've been comforted to see you continuing to post throughout the storms in your area. I can only hope that the anti-maskers are all standing outside protesting the storm "invading their 'rights' "

And to everyone, your kind replies and care mean a lot to me. It's one thing when the bad things happen to us, something far worse when they happen to our loved ones.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #10

Thank you, Idol. You have a way with words...It's not a good one, buy a way, ntl...
    Unimportant what you think. My comments were directed mostly at my base anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast