Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a week, I tell ya... *does bad Rodney Dangerfield impression*

I thought my August was difficult, but evidently I was just a spoiled child compared to this. I'm very saddened to hear about your wife and mother, especially the latter - I always got along well with my mom and still do to this day, so I don't even want to imagine what going through that must have been like. The rest of the stuff can ultimately be fixed by throwing money at it, so there's that. Just don't let the weight of everything pull you down, because then things become even worse.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Btw In Third World countries if their dishwasher catches fire usually they just have them roll around on the ground until the flames go out.
    As an actual third world citizen I'd like to add that even with all this corona conundrum, $900 for unclogging a toilet sounds like a total rip-off I had a clogged pipe in my bathroom last year and was charged $60 for the fix, which included an emergency surcharge (because you know, I needed it done quick as the whole place was getting flooded). Prices for toilets were about the same.

As for the anus horrible, you're an expert on those matters so I won't contest your statement

3. Lounge   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thank you, anon! Hearing about your wonderful relationship with your mother made me smile. Mine certainly had her good and not so good qualities, but during the past few years we made a lot of progress in building a somewhat more comfortable relationship. Looking back now, I am relieved that I invested myself into making that work.

Plumbing problems are expensive here. It's not out of the norm for repairs to be in the $200+ for the first hour range. Out of 20 years being in our house, I've only had 2 issues like this. And these guys spent over 3 hours working on it. The entire line out to the sewer system was backed up, and they had to come back with a high-pressure system to blow it all out. We couldn't use either bathroom until it got fixed. I certainly didn't begrudge them for what they did. I have a very good friend who has done all of my minor plumbing and electrical work for those 20years, so I can't complain. Coincidentally, his father died, then a couple weeks later his brother overdosed.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    I'm not letting this drive me into the ground. I'm fortunate that my wife is doing well and that she was not severely injured by the stroke. She goes back to the hospital in the next couple/few weeks to have the hole between the two chambers of her heart that allowed the clot to reach her brain fixed.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Thank you, anon! Hearing about your wonderful relationship with your mother made me smile. Mine certainly had her good and not so good qualities, but during the past few years we made a lot of progress in building a somewhat more comfortable relationship. Looking back now, I am relieved that I invested myself into making that work.
    Glad you were able to patch things up while it was still possible. Sometimes people miss on that opportunity.

All the best to the wife... as long as she's in good hands everything should be fine

6. Lounge   -   #16
    We have *amazing* doctors and surgeons nearby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12