Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

In your case maybe the best option would be to back up your files and do a clean install of windows. If having done that, you're still getting errors, you'll know for sure it's a hardware issue.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    okay, I have another hardrive. I guess I can backup my stuff, and format this drive, and start fresh. I guess I have no other option.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    It's not so bad, a clean Windows installation is always good.

Why not create two partitions, one for Windows and Program files and one for stored media. Then, in future you won't have so much hassle backing up. Me, i format and reinstall XP about every six months.

You can create partitions as part of the XP installation process. I have an 80 gig drive split 30/50 Windows+Progs/ Media.

Good luck mate. Let us know how you get on.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    The hassle is reinstalling every program I use... unless there's an easy way around that. What do you do?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    I just reinstall the programs, there's no easy way around it.

What you might like to learn about is 'ghosting' your drive. This means that when you've finished installing all your drivers, utilities, apps etc., you store an image of the drive, either on another partition or on another drive. Then, in future when you need to reinstall windows, you simple load the image and voila, you have a clean fresh Windows installation without the need for reinstalling everything else. If you do decide to do this, get yourself the latest version of Norton Ghost.

Also, if you're into gaming, you might want to backup your savegames. You'll find this file or folder in the Program files of each game, or maybe in My Documents.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    That's nice to know. Thanks alot.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I recently had this problem and it turned out to be a stick of bad memory,I replaced my 2 sticks of 128mb with a branded stick of 512mb DDR and reinstalled everything with a fresh install and that seems to have done the trick

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by gripper103.2@30 November 2003 - 21:23
    I recently had this problem and it turned out to be a stick of bad memory,I replaced my 2 sticks of 128mb with a branded stick of 512mb DDR and reinstalled everything with a fresh install and that seems to have done the trick
    That had been suggested, and Hitchhiker had tried switching his RAM, but it does not seem to be the problem in this case.

Good Luck Hitchhiker, i hope this all works out for you. Come back and tell us what happens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123