Thread: Kazaa Virus

Poster
    ok well one day i downloaded like some crack shit for Deadaim and nothing happend soon i noticed someone was hacking me. i downloaded notron and i scaneed that it was a sub7 trojan hacking program. the fucker who hacked me deleted my cd rom drive which was connected to the USB connection and screwed up my windows im trying to reformat but the problem is the cd rom is broken from the where its suppsoe to be in and the USB cd rom has been disable ..........i am desperatly needing some help here to enable the USB cd rom drive cuz i can instal shit with out it please help

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    wow that sucks I don't think you can boot from usb to reformat
    does your bios see it ?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    bios?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by fcno@27 November 2003 - 21:16
    bios?
    Damn it's gonna be a long day.

i downloaded notron
    That's were you messed up. You should of had an AV program BEFORE you started using a P2P program. Oh well we learn from our mistakes. Cant you just reinstall the cdrom drive?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    i have an idea id i connect the hard drive into another computer and try to reinstall win on the hard drive u think it will work?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    muchspl2
    no, don't think he could do that

I have herd of doing it over a network, but you have to have another computer, router or crossover connect, thats a pain unless its already hooked up and your networked

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by muchspl2@27 November 2003 - 21:38
    no, don't think he could do that
    Oh. Well I just thought I would say that. I have an internal cdrom drive. When you go to Device Manager, you can uninstall the cd drive. Then reinstall it again. I dunno if it's different with an USB cdrom drive though. Oh well.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    His problem is that his USB CD-ROM is no longer installed I suspect.

Make a note of the make and model of the drive and go to the manufacturers' website. Visit the "support" or "downloads" section of that site, then download the "driver" from the site.

Thats probably the problem. Of course people don't explain themselves well enough so I'll give ya a bit of info on the problem...

The reason you can't just install your hard drive into another computer and install it via that machine is because people can't be bothered to tell you that under windows xp there is a high possibility that xp will not allow the drive to swap computers after its installed on the other machine with your hd. This is due to anti-piracy techniques from microsoft and I'm not sure of the solution for that. You can, however install most other versions of Windows using this method, so try this option if you are not installing a windows os thats less than four years old, so win 95, 98, me will work fine. Probably 2000 and NT too! :-)

The best idea would be to get a standard cd-rom drive from someone and install that into your machine - its not hard, and its basically foolproof - just remember that the red side of the ribbon cable that connects to the cd-rom drive inside the computer should go to pin 1, which should be stated on the cd-rom drive itself - try looking for an arrow, which also indicates pin 1.

Another way of achieving a new install would be to just reformat the hd, put your hd into your friends pc then copy all the files from the operating systems' cd-rom to your hard drive - stick them into a folder called "install" or something, then put the hd back into your machine, pop in a boot disk, get into dos and type "C:" then return, then "CD INSTALL" or whatever the folder was called, then type "SETUP" then return.

Well, hope that works out for ya! If it doesn't make much sense then the next line would probably explain why! Good luck! :-)

- A very stoned Mark, from England

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by mcrosby@28 November 2003 - 02:10

The reason you can't just install your hard drive into another computer and install it via that machine is because people can't be bothered to tell you that under windows xp there is a high possibility that xp will not allow the drive to swap computers after its installed on the other machine with your hd. This is due to anti-piracy techniques from microsoft and I'm not sure of the solution for that. You can, however install most other versions of Windows using this method, so try this option if you are not installing a windows os thats less than four years old, so win 95, 98, me will work fine. Probably 2000 and NT too! :-)

this can simply be overcome by :

after hocking up the hard drive and booting you pc will try to run scan disk, DON'T LET IT DO THAT, instead boot up to xp anyways and then shut down and do a REPAIR with your xp cd, this will not do an accual repiar but will tell xp that your copy is ok and you will not see the scan disk prompt the next time, ofcourse you need your cd rom to be working

i will have to agree with downloading your drives and reinstalling them that should do the trick for you, otherwise borrow an externall cd-rom drive and do a os repair( make sure you tell your bios that is the drive you want to use)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    go 2 device manger in the control panel find the sub menu that list com port / usb port and remove this device don't worry you can't screw it up remove anything that remotely resembles your usb connection re- boot your machine and make windows take another look at that whole chain both the usb port and anything connected to it and it will re-install 4u simple as pie. also yes there are many hackers and virus ladden files some real nasty ones I run 2 different antivirus programs a software fiewall and a hardware firewall and an updated spybot any attempted hacks obtain ip address and sick the hardware pitbull on em the point is don't forget spyware it sneaks in all the time