Thread: Problems With Codec Pack 2.20

Just installed the new codec pack (after uninstalling the previous one) and have immediately noticed some problems, i.e. avi preview is giving up after 3 seconds trying to preview any divX file, and im getting intermittent problems in WM player and to a lesser extent video lan, sometimes it plays a files audio and sometimes it wont, i think this is to do with the mp3 codec being changed (im gonna reinstall fraunhofer) oh yeah, seems to mainly affect div3 and div5 files, havent come across problems trying to play div4.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    VideoLAN does NOT use the codec that are installed on your system.

The MP3 codec in the Codec Pack hasn't changed.

Are you sure that your movie isn't just bad?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    AVI Preview only works for 3 secs. Checked the codec with K-Dat before preview & it is xvid.
    Any ideas?

Just a grateful user!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Just tried previewing a film i know is ok but Avi preview still only works for 3 secs.

Just a grateful user!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    yeah, they were all working yesterday beore i installed the codec, and me sorry it was xvid that was being the worst affected, damn codes.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I was using the fraunhofer codec (the modified one) for mp3 decoding but the packs changed it to Lame. I shoulda been more carefull on the customize screen but just read the video codecs section.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Forum Star
    It should use the Fraunhofer directshow decoder for MP3. The LAME codec that is included is an ACM codec, used for encoding.

And if you have problems with XviD, then use another decoder for it (XviD itself or 3ivx). Just use the configuration shortcut for 3ivx.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    arghh i cant track it down, im trying all the diffrent combinations to find out which ones the problem, on second thought it dont seem to be the xvid codec, seems to be either the new 5.1 divx codec or one of the divx filters. im going back to the previous codec pack.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Have now regressed, everything working fine again, i think ill wait until someone works out which decoder/filter is the problem before upgrading again.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Forum Star
    I think the 2.21 test version will solve your problem too.