Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you miss movie theaters?

Of course. I didn't realize I missed it so much until I started watching True Detective S1 again on my banged up laptop. Granted, nobody's ever going to show that on the big screen, but the cinematography and lighting must surely stand out that much more on the big screen. On a side note, I was also watching CYE, and Richard performs Flowers for Algernon (didn't know about the novel till I watched the episode; a good read if anyone wants to give it a go) on the stage, and it made me miss watching plays too. Esp. since Richard eats all of Larry's licorice and ends up doing the unspeakable on stage. Watching actors patch up lapses live is more interesting than I was willing to admit.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    I don't miss movie theaters, there's no pause button if you have to pee.... also never was much for crowds, even when I was younger, I'd go to a matinee instead of a 1900 0r 2100 show.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    DigDawg's Avatar FST Crew
    I do miss the theater.
    Or more specifically the theater that had just opened near me only months before the proverbial COVID sh!t hit the fan.
    The new theater included an above-averaage full-service restaurant, large arcade and the theater itself had food/drink service to your seat, which was a large soft lounge-chair with power-recline.
    They still haven't reopened, and I fear they never will.
    Now I have to go to the mall to see a film, and possibly duck bullets in the process.
    So many fantastic businesses lost - most of them unnecessarily.
    Last edited by DigDawg; 08-30-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    "So this is how liberty dies: With thunderous applause."

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Yes, I do miss them in another way... the popcorn was better...

(Having 14 or so of your mates lining up taking up a few rows... and the great conversation... [sometimes brief arguments] ...discussing the pros and cons of a film you all just viewed.)

Yeah, good times. {sigh}
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-30-2021 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Melancholy Today.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Resurrecting an old thread I know but I never knew that I'd be as happy as I was being back in a theatre and having the back of my seat kicked the entire time during a movie.
    Last edited by r3tr0mkv; 10-06-2021 at 02:06 PM. Reason: missed a word, the important word - doh!

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoek93 View Post
    I don't know about you guys but even though i like torrenting codvid-19 has really made me appreciate the big screen movie theater going experience. Does anyone else on here miss movie theaters?
    Sure, anything to get out of the house a little

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Can't quite replicate the theater experience at home specially for movies like A quiet place. I don't miss them either.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    What I miss are the 3D iMAX movies everything else my home setup is fine. I have 55 inch LG OLED TV and a ATMOS sound system.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Cinemas have recently begun to open up here after our so called "2nd wave" died down. Cinemas can only be allowed to operate at 50% capacity though. Wanna go watch the new Fast and Furious and Shang Chi but almost everytime I try to they full at capacity. They won't even allow online bookings. You gotta go to the counter show that you've been vaccinated with atleast one dose and only then will they sell you a ticket. And everytime I go back disappointed. Guess I'll just wait for them to come on an OTT platform and watch it at home.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    I don't miss the noisy eaters in theaters.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast