Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you miss movie theaters?

The only thing I'd go back for is 3D IMAX. For home theater, I've settled on VR (Oculus Quest). Which would be great for 3D too if you could get any releases any more.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    I don't really miss theaters, though taking my kids occasionally would be nice. Thankfully there is a drive-in nearby.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Better watching the movie at the comfort of your own home vs. theaters where people just don't shut up

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I miss them. Used to go regularly before the pandemic. But unfortunately dumb people starting hollering at the screen and using their cell phones. So now if I were to go, it would be a day showing, two weeks after the movie comes out

5. Lounge   -   #35
    I might make the exception for Dune, but otherwise, a hard no. Mobile phones, sweet wrappers and crisp packets grind my gears.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Mostly no. I really enjoy watching movies in the privacy of my own home. The concessions are less expensive as well.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by yffab View Post
    The only thing I'd go back for is 3D IMAX. For home theater, I've settled on VR (Oculus Quest). Which would be great for 3D too if you could get any releases any more.
    I'm buying VR goggles as soon as I can save 375550 cents. It's the only hope I have left
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I miss them. Used to go regularly before the pandemic. But unfortunately dumb people starting hollering at the screen and using their cell phones. So now if I were to go, it would be a day showing, two weeks after the movie comes out
    Night showings can also work out, depending on the day of the week (or at least that's how it used to be). For Interstellar we had to wait until 2 AM, but it was totally worth it.
    Last edited by anon; 10-12-2021 at 06:46 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. Lounge   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Movie theatres use to fill people's need for having shared experience. Same but different like how there use to only be three TV networks and everyone watched shows at the same time and then talked about them the next day. It was a form of bonding. Now the many have become one and the one thinks it is the center of the Universe. And one wonders why the World is currently so fucked up.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Nope, can have my beverages and pause, rewind, to get a snack or bathroom break at home.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast