Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you miss movie theaters?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I spent a good wad of money on home theater stuffs.

Missus J made me divest.

She said the speakers were too big.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoek93 View Post
    I don't know about you guys but even though i like torrenting codvid-19 has really made me appreciate the big screen movie theater going experience. Does anyone else on here miss movie theaters?
    The experience? Sure. The crowd? NO WAY!

Even before Covid i was going to theatres on Weekdays - Around 11ish or 1pm. Nobody would be there, just a handful of people and I would just transcend to another dimension.

So yeah . . .

3. Lounge   -   #13
    renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Not really. I can watch a crap CAM of some random film without needing the experience. Granted it is a bit different taking the kids for a treat in which case yeah I do miss that part (overpriced sweets and drinks apart)

As far as i know nobody is going to theaters and recording movies right now because it is pointless most movies are going on streaming anyway therefore WEBRip/WEB-DL/HDRips are the only copies of movies and tv shows online these days.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by qbio View Post
    Not really. Last film I saw was 1917 just so I could try and experience the scale (see that it's now on Amazon Prime). But with the price, the never knowing you are going to have Guinness world record holders in the big head category in front of you, or disruptive muppets - its so much aggro. That and worrying about the sound levels (don't want to make my tinnitus worse...). We just have regular movie nights at home - no ads, food, drinks, good company and bonding - all nice and predictable at a fraction of the cost and no hassles.

I actually liked that movie.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Yes

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Absolutely. But the Pause button on the TV for pee breaks and snacks won out years ago...........

7. Lounge   -   #17
    The last movie i saw in theaters was the movie 2012

8. Lounge   -   #18
    I used to watch almost every movie I was eagerly waiting to release. So yeah I miss it quite a bit. I love the whole experience of going to the ciname getting a huge tub of extra buttered popcorn and a soda and just enjoying watching it on the big screen.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Yes, I do, but only for a handful movies which got all delayed, like the latest Bond. Otherwise I'm a fan of home watching with friends and family.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Diedol789 View Post
    The last movie i saw in theaters was the movie 2012
    Rogue One here. Coworkers at my then-new job had invited me... man, time passes fast.

Fufu, I just noticed I said Interstellar was my last in a previous post... well, to be fair it was that good
    Last edited by anon; 07-14-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast