Thread: Something Very Strange

I used to have Norton Corporate edition, until I downloaded Norton Antivirus 2004. As soon as I got it, I uninstalled the previous antivirus, only to find out that my PC kept crashing when I installed Norton. So I got AVG antivirus, only to find out about PC Cillin which I downloaded. Upon downloading this, my PC became very slow (Pentium 4 2.4GHz).

A few days ago, I got:

I thought it was a virus so I scanned with McAffe online scan, NOD32, and some other online virus scan but nothing. Only now have I realised that there was a possible colision between Norton Antivirus and PC Cillin which was causing this as that strange picture is actually to do with PC Cillin. So I uninstalled Norton and PC Cillin is the only Antivirus software on my PC, but I still get that screen (which I believe is the automatic update). This means that the program has most likely got conflicts. I have uninstalled then reinstalled but nothing different happened. Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    tried regclean ? could still be some registry entrys there that cause the conflicts
    Open your mind

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    u installed something fake and thats messed up your system, id say format

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by nanotek@28 November 2003 - 17:15
    tried regclean ? could still be some registry entrys there that cause the conflicts
    Yeah mate unistall it all & make sure you clean up the left over folders and registry entries.Also check windows temp directory too.

And dont use the firewall in pc-cillin either.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by ck&#045;uk+28 November 2003 - 18:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ck-uk @ 28 November 2003 - 18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nanotek@28 November 2003 - 17:15
    Yeah mate unistall it all & make sure you clean up the left over folders and registry entries.Also check windows temp directory too.

And dont use the firewall in pc-cillin either. [/b][/quote]
    Where can I get regcleaner?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Tri something like jv16 power tools & maybe a reg scan too for all the deep shit.Jv16 may include one now ..i dont know i havent updated it for a while.

As for a source tri kazaa or a warez site like "ttdown".

Dont forget to check for left over folders etc too mate.