Thread: Any Photoshop 7 Experts Here

Ive scanned a photo, loaded up Photoshop and then printed it but it's
    turned out a 'greeny' colour

Never had this problem before.

Only things that are different this time are that my ink cartridges are quite low ( does that matter? it's still printing) and that the source photo is a professional
    portrait - you know them baby ones that cost a fortune

Another thing i did hear that you can't copy professional portrait type photos
    correctly because the colours they use a special 'copy' preventing, so the prints turn out wrong, not sure if that's bollox tho!

Can anyone help with this, or if not point us to a decent Photoshop forum.

I'd appreciate it, thanks

bronco.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    How long you got.

The most likely problem sounds like low ink. Change your cartridge. If that doesn't work PM me and I'll try to take you through several weeks of an HND course in digital photograhy.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Tug@28 November 2003 - 22:24
    How long you got.

The most likely problem sounds like low ink. Change your cartridge. If that doesn't work PM me and I'll try to take you through several weeks of an HND course in digital photograhy.
    Cheers Tug, i'll be getting some new cartridges v. soon hopefully that will
    solve it, if not expect a call

I'll post back asap.

Ta

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    i would doubt that it would be your ink, unless you're getting warning messages about quality. i bleed mine dry
    first thing i would try would be the paper, try another kind. glossy photo paper isnt usually the best for photos.

this stuff is the best i have ever used (uk), and one of the cheapest

Printasia Satin Finish

they do silk, gloss etc as well but satin is definitely the best, i've used it for loads of photos like the ones your scanning and its more like a plastic than paper

plus with photoshop you could try 'Image' menu > 'Adjustments' > auto levels, auto contrast and colour or edit them manually from the same menu, as depending on your settings what you see on the screen isnt always the way it will print

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by pol@28 November 2003 - 23:16

Printasia Satin Finish

they do silk, gloss etc as well but satin is definitely the best, i've used it for loads of photos like the ones your scanning and its more like a plastic than paper

Where in the uk cani get this printasia paper?

That link takes me to some german site

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Oops , double post, damn flood control!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i dont believe its the paper, it will just be that in your printer the colour ink will be low on red and blue

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by bronco+29 November 2003 - 12:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bronco &#064; 29 November 2003 - 12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@28 November 2003 - 23:16

Printasia Satin Finish

they do silk, gloss etc as well but satin is definitely the best, i&#39;ve used it for loads of photos like the ones your scanning and its more like a plastic than paper

Where in the uk cani get this printasia paper?

That link takes me to some german site[/b][/quote]
    i just checked the link and you&#39;re right its german - the same link was in english when i posted, i dont use the site so i googled for it and the link was english - i dont get it

anyway mate they sell it everywhere - the last few times i bought it was from safeway , and i think it was about 7 quid for 20 sheets

i googled again for &#39;printasia satin paper&#39; and heres the first link that came up

http://sale-depot.co.uk/computers/item/B00008WJPU/ - only a fiver

< thats the one you want

ps - sorry to get a little over-enthusiastic about paper - but this stuff really is excellent and i wouldnt use anything else again

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Cheers mate, that will do nicely

Now any ideas if they do &#39;printasia satin toilet paper