Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Polls - Let Members Create Them

Originally posted by kAb@30 November 2003 - 20:37
    es5 also doesn't lock topics, delete posts, or put people on moderation for stupid reasons
    That may have been true once upon a time but SharPro has shown his true colors.
    STFU with your sorry ass ES5 speech because its BULLSHIT and we all know it.
    If you wish to continue maybe you should stay there...

Brainwashed Monkeys.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #62
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by kAb+1 December 2003 - 05:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb &#064; 1 December 2003 - 05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@30 November 2003 - 13:17
    To give an example (without bias from others) - ES5&#39;s forums give the ability to post polls to any registered member.&nbsp; Now, you can expect to see roughly one or more polls a day, 90% of which are based on trivial crap.&nbsp; I&#39;d say there&#39;s roughly only a few members who do it though (most notoriously DaDead ).&nbsp;

Yet ESV hasn&#39;t really reached the member levels that K-Lite has - So try multiplying that example out to K-Lite&#39;s size

I&#39;d personally say keep the poll abilities firm in only the mods&#39; grips - They would probably be cursing such a "liberation" later when they scrape out most of the pointless polls.
    es5 also doesn&#39;t lock topics, delete posts, or put people on moderation for stupid reasons [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s my point - It works for ESV because it&#39;s liberal enough to make it work. The K-Lite board has a strong sense of order - How many pointless/multiple/repeating/abusive polls do you think a mod would have to clear out here?

That may have been true once upon a time but SharPro has shown his true colors.
    STFU with your sorry ass ES5 speech because its BULLSHIT and we all know it.
    If you wish to continue maybe you should stay there...

Brainwashed Monkeys.
    Oh please - SharePro&#39;s still an arsehole when K-Lite gets mentioned Only a small minority pay attention to that ranting any more - And they&#39;re the kind of dicks who think it&#39;s &#39;honourable&#39; to spam other places like it like some kind of bloody jihad.

As for the brainwashed - Well maybe it&#39;s someone else who&#39;s been brainwashed into thinking that all ESV forum members consist either of cult followers and traitors...

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #63
    Originally posted by Illuminati@1 December 2003 - 00:44
    As for the brainwashed - Well maybe it&#39;s someone else who&#39;s been brainwashed into thinking that all ESV forum members consist either of cult followers and traitors...
    Never suggested that as you can vouch for yourself and have shown you have reasonable judgement on this. However there are others that are Brainwashed Monkeys and I am quite tired of Kab rambling about ES5 and how glorious it is, he can go bed down with Welsh and al the others that have empty headed faith in their lord an savior even though he is an ass as you have mentioned yourself...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #64
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I think we should drop it, it has already been answered.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #65
    BANNED
    lol well we don&#39;t like the answer

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #66
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    I GO WITH YES&#33; LET THE MEMBERS MAKE POLLS. ok, maybe only the senior members

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #67
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@1 December 2003 - 14:38
    I GO WITH YES&#33; LET THE MEMBERS MAKE POLLS. ok, maybe only the senior members
    i think this has already been brought up

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #68
    old school
    Maybe if they just remove this button:

we won&#39;t be so tempted to even considering making a poll.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #69
    Ex-member
    Right now, you can have a poll started by PMing a mod - they will happily oblige if it is a sensible poll.

If a poll idea&#39;s not sensible enough for a mod to approve it, then it shouldn&#39;t be posted anyway.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #70
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Gutter@1 December 2003 - 16:46
    Maybe if they just remove this button:

we won&#39;t be so tempted to even considering making a poll.
    But then how would we appreciate its iceiness?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast