Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is An Ip Adress

what is an ip adress tell me please i really need to know

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    it's basically a unique identifier for your computer on the internet...think of it as a house address...

to get your ip, click this link:

http://www.whatismyip.com

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    what happens if i tell someone my ip address..... is it bad? am i in trouble? are they gonna hack my stuff?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl2
    huh, yea you shouldn&#39;t give it to anyone who ask for it, why would any one ask you for it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    give it to me and i will let you know

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by fReEuSeR@29 November 2003 - 01:07
    what happens if i tell someone my ip address..... is it bad? am i in trouble? are they gonna hack my stuff?
    well, it depends who they are...for example, if you&#39;re in a chat room and someone asks you what your ip is, it&#39;s not a good idea to give out, but if a friend is asking you for it for something like an ftp transfer, then it&#39;ll be ok

remember that whenever you connect to (most) p2p networks, you&#39;ll be giving out your ip to anyone you are downloading from or uploading to (unless you&#39;ve proxied it)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by fReEuSeR@29 November 2003 - 02:07
    hehehehehe

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    wtf??? i&#39;m being copied

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    someoene on A.I.M. pretended that he was a internet cop and then i found out there was no such thing now i&#39;m in trouble because i told them my i number O_O HOW DO I CHANGE IT?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by fReEuSeR@29 November 2003 - 01:12
    someoene on A.I.M. pretended that he was a internet cop and then i found out there was no such thing now i&#39;m in trouble because i told them my i number O_O HOW DO I CHANGE IT?
    if you have 56k then just disconnect and then reconnect
    if you have adsl or cable, it might be a bit difficult to manuaully change it depending on your isp&#39;s policy

never give out your ip though, anyone who really is an "internet cop" won&#39;t need to ask for it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast