Thread: Missing Download!

Poster
    ok.

i downloaded Remember the Titans. 700Mb

woke up this morning and instead of finding the completed file in my shared folder i found nothing.

iv searched for the file through my whole hard drive. theres no .dat file thats over 450Mb so i know that none of them are Remember the titans.

If someone could tell me why this happened i wud be very happy!!!!

P.S. The reason why im so frustrated is that i am a 56k modem user (yes i no, ... very sad life) and to download a 700Mb movie and then losing it is just like running a 1000 Km race and ya coming first and noone else is to be seen... and collapsing at the last meter.....while everyone catches up to you and runs on you and you come last . lol....

..help

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    A me-too post!

I have a very similar problem: downloads dissapear on reboot.

Mostly the downloads that dissapear are the ones that have been started using 'intellilinks' from verified sites. This is most annoying and if anyone knows of a way too rectify this I would be most grateful.

p.s. My first post, congrats to me

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    come on, someone out of the thirty-two people that have viewed this post must have an answer. This is beginning to really annoy me.

My half downloaded copy of 'Cube' just dissapeared...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Old Fella
    Maybe if you look at the same post Dray put in questions - here - then you will get some help

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    i have had some complete downloads disappear but if you search the directory that downloads go to they may be there... they were for me, it the download was complete it wont be a .dat anymore being a movie it would be in likely-hood in this order .avi, .mpg, .mpeg or .wmv, most single file movies are .avi

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by HAVOC666@16 November 2003 - 01:02
    i have had some complete downloads disappear but if you search the directory that downloads go to they may be there... they were for me, it the download was complete it wont be a .dat anymore being a movie it would be in likely-hood in this order .avi, .mpg, .mpeg or .wmv, most single file movies are .avi
    it could stay as a dat

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    but in our case there is no .dat .avi .mpeg etc.

theres just a shared folder with no sign of the movie file.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    if you did not chage the path of your shared folder anytime after that download started, or made any changes to the shared folder itself then it probebly was corrupt and got deleted

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Another me too post. I don't know what the hell is going on . My shared folder was set before i downloaded and now i can't find 3 anime movies i D/Led. I installed 2.4.3 twice still nothing. I have 1 movie that is still in Dat file and it won't change. Any help.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by NARAKU@29 November 2003 - 12:44
    Another me too post. I don't know what the hell is going on . My shared folder was set before i downloaded and now i can't find 3 anime movies i D/Led. I installed 2.4.3 twice still nothing. I have 1 movie that is still in Dat file and it won't change. Any help.
    read teh faq please