Thread: Refurbish?

hi, i was wondering what refurbish is? is it just ppl returning there stuff cuz they dont like it. or does that include none working item?

im asking becuz i saw a refurbish chaintech ti4800se on newegg for only $90. can i trust getting it? or could there be some problem w/ it. they have only a 15 days warrenty on refurb item.

the reg. ti4800se is 148. so im saving like $60 if i get the refurbish.

so what do u ugys think?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Although that is a good price, I have heard that you should NOT by refurbished Video Cards, at all.

Just what I have heard from the community I hang out with over at amdmb.com

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I dont know about video cards, but i bought a refurbished HP computer for about $400 , and it was actually pretty good. From what i herd, they replaced old and damaged parts with new working ones and resold it for cheaper. Anyway i sold that computer for $800 and got my seld a nice gaming pc. =]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yea but for vid card if it doesnt work , they cant really replace ne thing. so would newegg still sell a non funtional refurb card?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ahhhh fuck....they sold out

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@29 November 2003 - 00:21
    yea but for vid card if it doesnt work , they cant really replace ne thing. so would newegg still sell a non funtional refurb card?
    They could have had one that was sent back, not knowing that the guy that had it OC'ed the hell out of it, started to have intermitten problems, so he RMA'ed it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    oh well, its sold out ne way....but i found a 9600 non-pro for 85

or a ti4200 128mb for 80.

7 ppl review the 9600 refurb card at newegg and they said they all worked perfectly

which one would u choose outa those 2